May 15, 2024, 12:33:30 am

Author Topic: [GirlLuvzerMac] Rytovius Ban Appeal  (Read 2719 times)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
[GirlLuvzerMac] Rytovius Ban Appeal
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:34:08 am »
I was banned for "Trolling mods with helpop, pretending to grief." First off I never called any mod, and I didn't know destroying your own blocks was pretending to grief. I really do not understand why I was banned, as I was inside a base I share with Rosnicolin. I went down to what was a spider spawner and cleared out the mossy cobblestone, I share with rosnicolin, or so I believed (We were going to make the room into a new storage area). After I cleared the mossy cobblestone GirlLuverMac appeared. Forgive me if I get some information wrong, but to my recall she accused me of griefing. I told her Rosnicolin is probably trolling. I told her it is both mine and rosnicolin's area. She asked where the door was, and I showed her the entrance. She then said something like "this isn't funny, you are both getting banned" I said wait I was then kicked. I would like some clarification as to why I was banned? I really had know idea I was breaking any rules.

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: [GirlLuvzerMac] Rytovius Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:21:17 am »
note to mods: green helpop tickets are automatically created by a keyword. it's possible he triggered a lot of tickets on accident, which wouldn't be "trolling"

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:59:34 am »
note to mods: green helpop tickets are automatically created by a keyword. it's possible he triggered a lot of tickets on accident, which wouldn't be "trolling"

Not to get off topic, but they are Trusted, so they don't trigger tickets like that.

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
  • There is no "try", only "Minecraft"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:46:42 pm »
Thanks for the reminder cschurz, but as 2crzy said, they didn't trigger a ticket; Rosnicolin expressly used /helpop. :)

The ban explanation is a little inaccurate, I'll acknowledge that. In this case you continued to break blocks after I asked you to stop so that we could discuss the issue Rosnicolin brought to my attention, so I wanted to remove you from the server to stop the you as soon as possible.

When I answered Rosni's helpop, you wouldn't answer me in chat and even after you were kicked, you returned to the server and kept breaking blocks. The only time you answered or acknowledged me was when you showed me the entrance, which I'd asked for to help determine who was the primary owner of the area in question.

Rosni admitted in his ban appeal that he did not want you breaking blocks in that area and that you wouldn't stop doing so- he only pretended that he was trolling when it became apparent that you were going to be banned for the grief.

There are three ways I can look at this; 1. You were pretending to grief so the mods would be trolled by Rosni (not the case). 2. Rosni didn't want you modifying the room, but lied to cover for you so you wouldn't be banned. 3. It was a shared build, so you had as much right to modify it as Rosni.

If you weren't trolling,or griefing, and did actually have a right to modify the room, why wouldn't you answer me even after being kicked? You do realize how suspicious that seems, right? I'm awaiting your reply, and in the meantime I'm going to investigate your claim that this was a shared build.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:40:10 pm by GirlLuvzerMac »

rosnicolin

• Sucks to Suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:31 pm »
I know I'm not supposed to comment on someone elses ban appeal but when you kicked me I went back on and tried to explain to you the situation and then you banned me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »
I know I'm not supposed to comment on someone elses ban appeal but when you kicked me I went back on and tried to explain to you the situation and then you banned me.

You were involved in the ban so it's fine.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »
I've logged into the server and looked around, checked the history of multiple blocks/chests etc. It does seem to me that this is a shared build in some places, but I'm waiting on Rosnicolin's confirmation of that as the "griefed" party, as well as your explanation for why you didn't answer me or stop breaking blocks when I came to investigate.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:38 pm »
I've logged into the server and looked around, checked the history of multiple blocks/chests etc. It does seem to me that this is a shared build in some places, but I'm waiting on Rosnicolin's confirmation of that as the "griefed" party, as well as your explanation for why you didn't answer me or stop breaking blocks when I came to investigate.

I really wasn't paying attention to the chat as much as I should have been, but I thought I stopped breaking when you said something like " rytovius stop breaking blocks" then you asked for the entrance. I did give all the mossy cobble to Rosnicolin when rosnicolin asked for them. I really didn't realize I was doing anything wrong at the time. I sincerely apologies if you thought I was trolling you, as I didn't mean too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:45:36 pm by rytovius »

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »
I can accept that you weren't paying attention to chat, that happens... In the future though, might want to keep an eye out for blue names in Local chat, eh? Also a bit of advice in the future, should you ever be accused of grief again... Stop breaking blocks until the staff member leaves or says it's resolved. Give them your attention. You are after all being accused of grief, you should be interested in giving the staff member the information they need to determine what's going on. If you'd stopped breaking blocks long enough to discuss this with me and let me check around the build, we wouldn't have had to go through this process at all.

I'm going to post more about this in Rosnicolin's appeal, but it applies to both of you and I'd like you to read it as well. You need to communicate better with each other if you're going to build together. Staff can't run around the server mediating between friends whenever there's a squabble. It's a waste of our time and incredibly frustrating to deal with.

I sincerely doubt that Rosnicolin didn't say anything to you about the cobble before using /helpop; he's your friend, I'm sure he asked you about it beforehand. Treat him like a friend; someone who'd risk upsetting staff to protect you... Hear him out, and treat him fairly so he doesn't feel like he has to threaten you with a mod to get you to share with him.

So, since Rosnicolin has confirmed that this was a disagreement that you've worked out together and that it was not a grief, I'm approving your appeal. Expect to have the ban lifted once I've finished replying to Rosnicolin's appeal.