May 22, 2024, 12:18:42 am

Author Topic: Reform for top_voter rewards  (Read 11469 times)

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
Re: Reform for top_voter rewards
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:28 am »
I think the way it is is fine.

Because For 2.5 cents a vote is just dumb if you ask me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 04:56:03 am »
I know the vote rewards thing was invented by me but honestly now I see it is pretty stupid. But I think it would be nice if the top ten got a 5$ donation reward.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 09:31:57 am »
We need donations to keep the server running, yet we would give them out? That's not very smart from a staff point of view.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:46 am »
You run a race and come 4th, you don't win anything. It's just the way things work.

johekl

• Top Voter
  • Mayor of Tudor Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:49 am »

I understand that the "top voter" rewards are meant as an incentive to get people to vote as often as they can, but the commitment that is required to get into one of the top 3 spots is CRAZY. For example, 18 days into the month, there are still people who have voted EVERY TIME POSSIBLE.

While this commitment is great (kudos, guys!), I think that there needs to be some sort of reward for the people who aren't able to obsessively commit to voting.

Is it really a great crazy obsessive thing to do something twice a day? I'm doing a lot of crazy things then!  8)

An idea I have for people that are not able to vote twice a day would be to introduce voting milestones or achievements, after a certain amount of votes you get something regardless of the time it took.
:o

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »
i wouldn't call top voter an incentive, i would call it a reward to those who are dedicated.

nobody mentioned the access to a second /home? that's a pretty useful incentive imo.

but i agree, a single diamond really isn't all too great - some ideas i've had:

- get a random block (or item) out of some random set of usually difficult to obtain blocks/ores
- have a list of voter items that progressively gets better - each time you vote, you get the next item in the list
- voting milestones - every x votes (20, 50, 100) you get a slightly better reward (enchanted items maybe?) along with your normal vote diamond

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:53 pm »
i wouldn't call top voter an incentive, i would call it a reward to those who are dedicated.

nobody mentioned the access to a second /home? that's a pretty useful incentive imo.

- get a random block (or item) out of some random set of usually difficult to obtain blocks/ores
- have a list of voter items that progressively gets better - each time you vote, you get the next item in the list
- voting milestones - every x votes (20, 50, 100) you get a slightly better reward (enchanted items maybe?) along with your normal vote diamond

I like the idea of a random block. Introducing the milestones or a list of items could just cause some more problems. If you implement those now, someone who joins 2 months from now will be making another topic like this and complain that other people are getting better voting rewards than them.

Like you said deject, 2 homes is a really good perk that people seem to overlook. In my opinion, the voting system is perfectly fine.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 03:07:31 pm »

I like the idea of a random block. Introducing the milestones or a list of items could just cause some more problems. If you implement those now, someone who joins 2 months from now will be making another topic like this and complain that other people are getting better voting rewards than them.

Like you said deject, 2 homes is a really good perk that people seem to overlook. In my opinion, the voting system is perfectly fine.

that wouldn't happen how i imagined it: 50 votes maybe =  1 enchanted pick. then when you get another 50 votes, you get the same pick (maybe randomized enchantments).

though it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the vote rewards get better over time. it adds a sense of permanence to the server - if people feel like they've put in some irreplaceable effort/time into this server (and are being adequately compensated by vote rewards) then they are less likely to just pack up and go somewhere else.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:27 pm »
How about every ten votes we get a diamond block?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »
How about every ten votes we get a diamond block?

bombarding people with diamonds is not the answer :)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 04:20:54 pm »
Wow, looks like I murdered the money per vote idea.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

CaptainXV

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »
Why would we change this?
People are happy voting for diamonds, so why hand out extra rewards?
I think it's quite nice of Optical already to give the first three voters something extra
The sentence beneath this one is true
The sentence above this one is false

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »
Why would we change this?
People are happy voting for diamonds, so why hand out extra rewards?
I think it's quite nice of Optical already to give the first three voters something extra

> People are happy voting for diamonds

says who?

diamonds are a boring reward. every server hands them out. why pass up an opportunity to come up with something new and better?

CaptainXV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »
Just look at the stats. Most people aren't voting atleast 5 times every day just to support the community.
People like shiny diamonds. I know I do.
The sentence beneath this one is true
The sentence above this one is false

addah

• Trusted on opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:51 pm »
don't change it diamonds is a great reward if u vote don't take them away!!! most people love voting for diamonds. I think you sould keep it the way it is.
~addah123