May 21, 2024, 08:11:22 pm

Author Topic: Reform for top_voter rewards  (Read 11468 times)

mcoon1

• Winter is Coming...
    • View Profile
Reform for top_voter rewards
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:08:35 am »
I don't know if any of you follow the "top voter" ranking quite like I do, but the more that I look at it, the more that I realize how ineffective this is.

I understand that the "top voter" rewards are meant as an incentive to get people to vote as often as they can, but the commitment that is required to get into one of the top 3 spots is CRAZY. For example, 18 days into the month, there are still people who have voted EVERY TIME POSSIBLE.

While this commitment is great (kudos, guys!), I think that there needs to be some sort of reward for the people who aren't able to obsessively commit to voting. In other words, we need an incentive that encourages people to keep voting regularly even should they miss a few instances of voting (which would normally disqualify them from the current "top voter" competition).

Perhaps we could: extend how many places get rewards? count each vote as a ticket for a raffle?

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Reform for top_voter rewards
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:12:08 am »
I like the raffle idea, but diamonds seem effective as of now.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:26:52 am »
the raffle idea seems good, As I know some people might hook up a vote bot just to get the money, and that's just unfair.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 01:44:44 am »
When I first joined I thought the top 25 got a reward.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:15 am »
would be cool if every vote gave you a free ticket in the lottery, for whatever one was active at the time. kinda like 5 free tickets/day for one of two lotto's. not a great chance of winning..... but hey if it's free it's better than the current odds.......
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 02:04:54 am »
I like the idea of reform. And maybe the raffle idea could be tweaked. Instead of every vote being inserted into a raffle, after a certain amount, maybe above the average amount that people vote every month, they can be in a raffle.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 02:30:42 am »
I love the idea of a raffle sounds like a chance for the average player to get a chance at winning something. Possibly instead of getting your diamonds you put them in a raffle and for each diamond you put in the pot that counts as a ticket and there is a huge raffle at the end of the month.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 02:50:09 am »
What if we had a 5$ donation reward for everyone who votes at least once every day in a month? Then it could be a cumulative thing.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:05:55 am »
Thatd be too much. Maybe  in 1 month
30 votes=$2
60 votes=$4
100 votes=$8
150 votes=$20

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:50 am »
Maybe 1 vote = 0.05$

So essentially, it takes 20 votes to even get 1$ worth of donations rewards, meaning 100 just to get something like /hat which is only 5$. This would encourage voting quite a bit, but I'm afraid of the value of donations going down.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:42 am »
Yesh.
Maybe its 2.5 cents per vote?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 03:22:21 am »
How about the Top 10 get a 5$ reward aside from the Top 3

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:39 am »
I don't think we should reward people with donation money every time they vote. I think donation money rewards should be rare, as they are now. I mean, even if everyone only got a little bit of money for each vote, a lot more people would be eligible for donation rewards, which would make their prices skyrocket. I think the current system for donation rewards works quite well, as we only get 3-4 people with a small sum of money each month. Besides, if everyone was earning essentially free money, actual buying of donation rewards would drop, which would be bad for Optical, who still has to pay for server and domain hosting. It's a nice idea, but its consequences for the whole would outweigh its benefits for the few.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 03:28:30 am »
I don't think we should reward people with donation money every time they vote. I think donation money rewards should be rare, as they are now. I mean, even if everyone only got a little bit of money for each vote, a lot more people would be eligible for donation rewards, which would make their prices skyrocket. I think the current system for donation rewards works quite well, as we only get 3-4 people with a small sum of money each month. Besides, if everyone was earning essentially free money, actual buying of donation rewards would drop, which would be bad for Optical, who still has to pay for server and domain hosting. It's a nice idea, but its consequences for the whole would outweigh its benefits for the few.
I see what you mean.
Back to raffle then? Maybe the top 30 each have 1 ticket, or everyone gets 1 ticket per 5 votes, or wat?

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:54 am »
If anything different a raffel every vote counts as a ticket one prize for $20 donation reward
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:59:46 pm by iGenerator »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP