May 03, 2024, 05:08:15 pm

Author Topic: when theres no staff online...greiftrap!  (Read 4011 times)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
when theres no staff online...greiftrap!
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:41:23 pm »
So today a guest named Arromes was talking about how a server was better than ours (i wont say what server) and how opticraft was worse and all that stuff. Before he permanently left he said he wanted to test out the greifing. So me, chemgirl, d00mnlght and illedr led him to a house in the southwest. It was a greiftrap. So if you need help disposing of greifers,  just lead them to a greif trap!

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: when theres no staff online...greiftrap!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:57 pm »
So today a guest named Arromes was talking about how a server was better than ours (i wont say what server) and how opticraft was worse and all that stuff. Before he permanently left he said he wanted to test out the greifing. So me, chemgirl, d00mnlght and illedr led him to a house in the southwest. It was a greiftrap. So if you need help disposing of greifers,  just lead them to a greif trap!

That's pretty unpleasant.
Let them lead themselves into a grief trap, not anyone else. For some people, it seems as though you guys are encouraging that kind of behaviour which is why you shouldn't do this and in which reflects back on our server's reputation.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:51:06 pm »
I don't know. It is very frustrating when there aren't any staff on to solve problems
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:52:33 pm »
Doesn't matter, it may seem harmless but you are actually encouraging a player to grief.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:36 pm »
Yet again, a pointless topic. I don't see why we should be doing this honestly, we are no better than him if we encourage him.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »
So today a guest named Arromes was talking about how a server was better than ours (i wont say what server) and how opticraft was worse and all that stuff. Before he permanently left he said he wanted to test out the greifing. So me, chemgirl, d00mnlght and illedr led him to a house in the southwest. It was a greiftrap. So if you need help disposing of greifers,  just lead them to a greif trap!

Don't do that again. We all know you folks want to help out, but that's not the way to do it.

People like that will be taken care of in one way or another.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 07:54:05 pm »
No, you dont get it. We told him he would get banned, and that we had all sorts of greif protection, though he didnt beleive us. He insisted on griefing and we figuref rather than him griefing tons of houses and getting away with it for the time being we would just get him banned.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »
You still encouraged him to grief, and we do not appreciate that. Let him figure it out for himself or anyone else for that matter-- you'll expose the grieftraps, otherwise, if you continue to do that to others.

We are no better than him if we encourage him

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:55 pm »
Alright i wont dont worry it was just something i felt i had to do under the circumstances. What it felt like ingame was we said: dont greif, but if you really will, grief this thing thatll get you banned.

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »
So today a guest named Arromes was talking about how a server was better than ours (i wont say what server) and how opticraft was worse and all that stuff.

You do know there is a screenshot function in-game right? If you had taken a screenshot of this player's negative comments/promotion of another server, you could have submitted that to the staff on the forums or via PM and allowed them to take care of it under the assumption that he was advertising. Evidence is your best weapon in these situations. Don't fight fire with fire. Use a fire extinguisher! (expletives removed for your convenience)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 08:42:34 pm »
He was not advertising, just saying that ours was bad and that it lagged(from what he told us, it was client-side) and that on this other server he didnt lag as much.

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »
He was not advertising, just saying that ours was bad and that it lagged(from what he told us, it was client-side).

In that case, just remember that people are always entitled to their own delusions.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:29 pm »
Also, had he griefed a ton of houses, and advertised and such, if you documented that, he would most likely end up perm banned when we go ton... but now he can come back.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:03 pm »
Believe me, you won't see him again.
And besides, the main point of this was rather than sitting there watching him grief, doing nothing about it, we took action. We got the griefer banned, and to me that felt like the right choice.

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »
We got the griefer banned, and to me that felt like the right choice.

I'm sorry to post again, but the ends do not justify the means. Yes, inaction would seem inappropriate, but it isn't our responsibility (as non-staff members) to protect the server from griefers.

We all know you folks want to help out, but that's not the way to do it.
And besides, the main point of this was rather than sitting there watching him grief, doing nothing about it, we took action.

The main point is that the correct action was inaction. I respect your attempt at taking responsibility, but you are selling your integrity for a price far too cheap, which is in fact irresponsible.