May 05, 2024, 12:02:16 pm

Author Topic: Ore Discovery  (Read 3152 times)

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
Ore Discovery
« on: November 14, 2012, 06:52:45 am »
Well, this was used by the server I was on before I came here. The thing is that if you find any type of ore, it shows up globally in the chat saying "(player) has found •••••• ore ###% visible" or something like that. Yes, I know that some people, such as myself, actually find these ores by chance and in caves. It would be recommended to pay attention to the newer people. Mods+ would be able to tp to them and check their mining behavior.
If there's anymore flaws to this, such as not working with our current plugins, then saying so would be appreciated. And if not possible, then go ahead and say so and lock this

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: Ore Discovery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:49 am »
I do not know if this plugin is totally necessary but if the Admins approve it, here are my ideas:

I think this would be good if it had some modifications. First of all, you would need to be staff to see the notifications shouted by the plugin. Second, maybe there could be a command that the staff could use to toggle those notifications on and off.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:06:33 am »
This plugin is neat but becomes a spam issue. Imagine, over 50 players mining and finding ores, the chat would be filled with mining statistics. Maybe if it is tweaked to only alert on over the average findings, would it be useful.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42:58 am »
I think this plugin should only display valuable ores (Iron, Gold and Diamond), if it doesn't already.
If this were to pass through or if this is even needed, optical would most likely code it himself along with other necessary features such as toggable notifications.

We actually do have various plugins/tools and knowledge in addition of finding an x-rayer.

At this point, it seems the activity of x-rayers is not as high (for me at least) for this plugin to help overcome our issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:45:42 am by BigBadHenz »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »
I was told we have an xray plugin of some sort.

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »
I was told we have an xray plugin of some sort.

It shows what percent of ores you have mined. For example it will say:

SnapeTheSnipe X-Ray Statistics

2% Coal Ore

7% Iron

And so on.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:22:30 pm »
Exactly, but yes having this as a staff option would be nice :P

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 05:25:41 pm »
Our current x-ray plugin works just fine-- why would we need one that constantly spams our chat box all day everyday with the exact same logistics? Doesn't seem any more effective.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 02:21:12 am »
Okay, I can see it wouldn't fit very well. You can go ahead and lock this if you feel the need to already.
Was just a thought

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 02:42:05 am »
I would rather leave this unlocked to see what others think.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 03:25:56 pm »
Yeah, for some reason, with a server with 150+ it somehow only notified every second or so. But somehow, it managed to get the job done, for the most part there.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:54 pm »
Maybe you could have it track the ore getting picked up and if you type in a command like "/orecheck" then it will check and see who went over a certain number of ores. That way it will only show up when a mod+ types it and it will only show the suspicious mining.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 01:35:57 am »
Maybe you could have it track the ore getting picked up and if you type in a command like "/orecheck" then it will check and see who went over a certain number of ores. That way it will only show up when a mod+ types it and it will only show the suspicious mining.

We already have a command to check that. Seriously our xray finding capabilities are fine, it's fairly easy to catch them.