May 06, 2024, 03:09:47 pm

Author Topic: What do you do about...  (Read 2773 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
What do you do about...
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:10:04 am »
...A person who hates being called a liar, but lies about everything?

Crazy situation: This girl likes me, but I don't like her (You're just gonna have to believe me, I don't care if you do or not). I didn't have any problems with her until I recently realized she lies about a lot of things. At first, I didn't really have a problem with it since they seemed to be small, pointless lies; things that she might as well not even lie about, but it's her choice. However, recently she told me more than a little lie. It shouldn't matter what it was, the point is that it shouldn't have happened, right? If she really does care about anyone, why does she lie to them? Also, she asked me if I was hungry, but I said no. She went to dinner with two of my other friends and two others. Kind of fucked up regardless of my answer? She didn't say she was going to get Chinese food with my friends... (EDIT: I just remembered something that made this dinner part a bit more acceptable, but it's still kind of messed up)

It's a scary thought to think about someone who is suppose to care about you (whether you feel the same in return or not is irrelevant) will lie straight to your face. It's not just her that this is gonna happen with, it could be anyone.

But the point is, what do I do about it? I know I shouldn't be the one complaining, but one of my top three pet peeves is being lied to, so it'd annoy me regardless of who did it.

Yes, this thread is serious.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:31:13 am by Kurseddragon »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do about...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:26 am »
My decision would be: stay quiet, but if she tries to lie to you again just say something like

"Honestly, I know you're lying, so just don't think you're accomplishing anything with me."

Or something like that, you know what I'm saying?

In short, stay quiet, don't confront her until she says anything to you about it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:15:44 pm »
next time she lies just call her a lying liar that lies through her lie hole and walk out.

but really, people lie it's in our nature. if you don't like her why let it bother you? you seem overly concerned with someone you claim not to like, which makes me think you're the liar... nothing personal, just callin it how i see it.

lying isn't against the rules, you say she said she was going to dinner, that's not a lie, she simply omitted the part about who with, if two of them 4 other people where laddies i'd even say she was trying to trick the guy who claims not to like her into a group date, course i don't claim to understand women for the life of me so who knows.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:51 pm »
I've had a similar situation - instead of confronting them directly. I pry for answers to every question.

"Are you inviting me to dinner? Are there others going? If so then who? What place did you have in mind?"

I never flat out say a yes or no answer until I get all the information.

If I'm told nothing and no one else is involved - then I later learn the exact opposite has happened. I confront him/her on the lie(s) to find out just why I was stabbed in the back by my so-called friend.

If the explanation is stupid/horrible. I'll let the liar understand just what they did to my trust in em and if it happens again a short time later. I just end the friendship, I simply don't want or need backstabbers as friends, because trust is the most important part of any friendship in my opinion.

- It's possible to become friends again in due time... but some habits are just never easy to break.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:30:19 pm by Alpha_Lance »
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:43:44 pm »
next time she lies just call her a lying liar that lies through her lie hole and walk out.

but really, people lie it's in our nature. if you don't like her why let it bother you? you seem overly concerned with someone you claim not to like, which makes me think you're the liar... nothing personal, just callin it how i see it.

lying isn't against the rules, you say she said she was going to dinner, that's not a lie, she simply omitted the part about who with, if two of them 4 other people where laddies i'd even say she was trying to trick the guy who claims not to like her into a group date, course i don't claim to understand women for the life of me so who knows.

Well the part about "You're just gonna have to believe me" is serious...

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »
Lol this is kinda cute... dude, if you don't like her then hy do you care if she goes out to eat with your friends, sounds like she was inviting you but you said no lol.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:31 pm »
Lol this is kinda cute... dude, if you don't like her then hy do you care if she goes out to eat with your friends, sounds like she was inviting you but you said no lol.

That's not the point.
This whole thread was an example, really.
If someone who supposedly cares about you can lie to you like it's nothing, what are you supposed to do about it?

This time may be pointless, but next time it's gonna be someone that means a lot more.

EDIT: Lock this thread, please.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:47:49 pm by Kurseddragon »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »
Locked upon request.