Yes, I saw them
2 (16.7%)
Yes, I believe but didnt saw them
3 (25%)
Maybe yes, maybe no
2 (16.7%)
I'm will not believe before I will not seen them
1 (8.3%)
No, all videos and photos with UFO is fake!
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Do you believe in UFO?  (Read 2797 times)

Allohabip

• View Profile
Do you believe in UFO?
« on: November 12, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »
Hello to all!

Do you believe in UFO?

I hope for serious answers, it's need for social project

Thank you all.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do you believe in UFO?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:41:11 pm »
They're unidentified flying objects, so we don't know for sure what they even are. There's all this talk about area 51, but I think that's all a hoax. For all we know they could just be using that area for something else, people will believe anything they read on the internet, and the internet is full of rumors and lies.

Not to mention these photos and footage of them have never been proved real. The only ones anything close to being real have most likely been heavily edited by some stupid money making 'company' with a shiny remote control frying pan.

So my answer is no.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 12:45:59 pm »
deekay is right, ufo's dont exist

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 12:58:04 pm »
Well technically speaking a UFO is simply an object traveling through the air which you cannot identify, so by all rights if I were to let's say toss an eraser past your head and you don't quite notice what it was then that technically speaking is a UFO.

Now, as far as aliens visiting from another planet, well there's certainly beings from another planet, somewhere. By the laws of a universe that expands infinitely over space and time, and by random chance, every event must happen and it happens an infinite number of times, so not only must there be another being out there (at some point in time) there's actually an infinite number of them ( over the course of time )

However I highly doubt that, if currently 1 or more other beings were out in the universe and stopping by for visits, we would be sitting here so casually discussing UFOs. As history shows when a more intelligent civilization encounters a less intelligent civilization, the less intelligent one either gets,
A) wiped out
B) enslaved

it's usually over resources, and I bet those aliens with flying saucers need them some resources

So if we actually had visitors from another planet you'd know because you would be,
A) dead
B) a slave
C) in the middle of a war to determine A or B

So to sum up:
UFOs technically exist
Aliens exist (if not now, then at some point in time whether past or future)
And I don't see an invasion outside so they haven't stopped in to say hello yet
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:07:19 pm »
Tiggy, I think you're misunderstanding probability. The laws of probability says there "should" be other species, but until we find proof of one, it will always be 99.99999999% likely (Or whatever)

As to "Do I believe in UFO", Tiggy is correct about the use of the word. I don't believe we have been visited, as the nearest planet capable of supporting life is probably millions+ of light years away.

Also, DK, get me one of those remote control saucepans :D

EDIT: Been thinking, I think I mis-worded my answer. Do I believe in "life" on other planets? Yes, single cellular life on Earth is very likely to have arrived by meteor, meaning it must have come from some "Planet" (In the loosest sense, whether meteor, moon, planet etc.)
However, I'm still skeptical about the common "Alien" in popular culture (Aka. The super advanced one with the raygun).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:33:48 pm by clawstrider »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »
I lived near Alamogordo Air Force base when I was a kid, every day we would see F-117 Nighthawks fly over, seen the space shuttle piggy backed, and at night a few times weird ass lights in the sky. Do I believe in other life forms than those on Earth? Well duh, you have to be pretty ignorant to think that we are it :P

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »
Tiggy, I think you're misunderstanding probability. The laws of probability says there "should" be other species, but until we find proof of one, it will always be 99.99999999% likely (Or whatever)

As to "Do I believe in UFO", Tiggy is correct about the use of the word. I don't believe we have been visited, as the nearest planet capable of supporting life is probably millions+ of light years away.

Also, DK, get me one of those remote control saucepans :D

well interestingly enough there's already "proof" of an alien species existing in the universe, namely ourselves living on the planet earth, seems a little stupid yes, but the fact of the matter is we ourselves qualify.

more so it's not so much based on probability as it is on a complex formula known as the Drake Equation that takes in several variables pertaining to the plausibility of life existing in a given galaxy. unfortunately this equation works solely on estimates of things such as, average star formation in a year, total stars in the galaxy, amount of planets circling a given star, and the likeliness of one of those planets being able to support life. none of these variables do we have an exact value for, and as such the equation produces a very diverse set of results. namely anywhere from 1 to 180 million civilizations in just the milky way galaxy (ours) alone

of course you aren't completely wrong in your "we haven't found one so it's not a 100% chance" argument.
this is known as the Fermi Paradox, which basically states that if in fact there are 180 million civilizations in the galaxy, why haven't we found one yet? an interesting hypothesis regarding this is that the act of becoming an intelligent civilization capable of interstellar travel has a form of "filter" if you will or rather that the act of becoming an intelligent civilization gives rise to potential causes for it's own downfall. whether it's overpopulation resulting in a lack of space and food, or the result of a nuclear war and self destruction, the actual cause for this remains unclear.

for the sake of the person who started this topic here's some interesting reading about all this:
Drake Equation
Fermi Paradox
An Article about all this with more links and videos
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 11:39:28 pm »
Honestly, think about this. There's a huge ass universe with an infinite amount of area. But we're the only things living? Of all places, just us? That is highly unlikely. As for the whole alien problem, why does everyone assume they are tougher or more dangerous than us? Why assume they do not come in peace? Plus, if you have seen District 9, the aliens (at first) co-existed with humans. Just my opinion on it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 03:40:52 am »
Darn! That's stuff I was going to say!
I agree with tiggy and i feel the need to explode your brains so:
Since the universe is infinite, than doesn't that mean their are infinite big bangs? And think about the complexity of a Big Bang how it defies other laws (how energy cannot be destroyed or created, only changed or moved) and came from NOTHING!!!!! HOW??!?!? HAS YOUR BRAIN EXPLODED YET???!? MINE HAS!!!!
About posts, how do you even post a post?