May 15, 2024, 10:38:34 pm

Author Topic: Wither boss  (Read 6822 times)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
Wither boss
« on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:45 pm »
As most of you know, wither bosses drop nether stars when killed (nether stars make beacons). In order to make a wither boss you must get 3 wither skeleton heads, which takes an incredabley long time. I would like to save my time and others time and ask, if spawning withers allowed? If spawning is not allowed, I believe we should sell the nether star at the market.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:29:13 pm by rytovius »

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wither boss
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:15 pm »
Wither can't be spawned for obvious reasons.
We are discussing the possibility of putting some 1.4 items on market.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:36:31 pm »
Ok thanks! You saved me a lot of time!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:56:22 pm »
I think nether stars are a necessity, as spawning the Wither (I hope) is disabled. This makes the nether stars impossible to obtain.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »
I did some tests and found that the beacon's have an effect on everyone that comes in range of it, and not just the person that built it or activates an effect. imo it would be worth changing that, as people in your area can just take use of your beacon without having to pay for anything.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »
I did some tests and found that the beacon's have an effect on everyone that comes in range of it, and not just the person that built it or activates an effect. imo it would be worth changing that, as people in your area can just take use of your beacon without having to pay for anything.

If they are in my area I really wouldn't mind if they used my beacon as I am not losing anything. Now I am wondering if you can lock beacons with the lwc plugin? This could become a problem, people going into beacons and changing the power.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 03:29:23 am »
If you didnt want ppl using it, just move a block from it, it would deactivate it.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 03:51:23 am »
If you didnt want ppl using it, just move a block from it, it would deactivate it.
there is a con in moving an outside block. If you move out an push out a showing block, it can make people place a block back. BUT, if you move out all from the insides, then you can make others think that it's in use. But tricks them, and you dont have to worry. Or just move out the block on the bottom and reactivate it with a redstone torch. When not in use, take it out. You can protect the area.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:25 am »

If they are in my area I really wouldn't mind if they used my beacon as I am not losing anything. Now I am wondering if you can lock beacons with the lwc plugin? This could become a problem, people going into beacons and changing the power.

we'll just have to wait until lwc updates.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:11:30 am »
Then you can't use it yourself.. -.-

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »
i like the idea of selling 1.4 stuff at market.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
i like the idea of selling 1.4 stuff at market.

I think we would have to sell the nether star but I would not like such a high price since it would be free if you put enough time in. I wouldn't want it to be much more than 5k to 10k but it's not really up to me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 10:48:04 pm »
Like I said, nether stars I think absolutely must be in the market because the Wither is disabled, making it impossible to get Nether Stars.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 11:33:33 pm »
I'm just gonna restate what Snape said. Whithers can't be spawned for obvious reasons and therefore won't be spawned. Thus nether stars are impossible to obtain.

However I would like to add that this item is supposed to be rare, and not some item you get willy nilly. I think this item should be somewhere in the range of 90K to 100K so few can get it, and so few of them can be bought per person. I also think it should only be buyable and not sellable from the market.

Best griefer name ^

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »
Maybe 60k-80k and buyable only, like Chief said.