May 02, 2024, 06:19:55 pm

Author Topic: Defualt tex pack glass- self change?  (Read 1773 times)

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
Defualt tex pack glass- self change?
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:32:04 pm »
Ive be searching through Roaming (the file for MC) and ive seen some configuration for item looks for ingame. I was wonering, is there a place that shows the look of glass ingame? iwant to erase the white pixels in the middle of the block, and i dont want to download aTexture pack. Any help?

Thanks!

Mopar

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
Re: Defualt tex pack glass- self change?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »
Seems to be a very good idea !!! But i donno how -_-'   

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:52:10 am »
I think what you need to do is go to your bin folder the the minecraft.jar. Then search for terrain.png  I think that how you get to it but I might be wrong.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:59:27 am »
terrain.png IS the file. Extract it from the .jar and open it up in a program, such as GIMP (If you open it up in a program like MS Paint, it will not save with transparency, because Paint does not support transparency).

From there, you can modify the glass or any block in that file. MAKE SURE that you save a copy of the original terrain.png and rename the new file to terrain.png in the .jar file. If you do not do this right, it will either default to the original texture file and make a new terrain.png or your textures won't show.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 09:47:25 am »
Hi :).

I saw your plee and decided to help you.
 I have altered the glass in the terrain.png file and uploaded it here http://www.sendspace.com/file/ujb189

To install it all you need to do is -
Press the start button at bottom left on desktop, and search for %appdata%.

Open Roaming file, then open .minecraft folder, then the bin folder, then right click on the minecraft.jar file and open with winrar or 7zip.

Now all you do is drag the terrain.png file you downloaded and drag it into this folder, be careful not to drag it into and of the folders in here (armor , font, mob, ect ect) .

Close it all and play minecraft with see through glass.

/Smite