May 03, 2024, 06:05:15 am

Author Topic: Could this be the end of the Opticraft Classic Server?  (Read 1951 times)

jh2018

• View Profile
Could this be the end of the Opticraft Classic Server?
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:39:30 am »
Hi,

I just was on IRC and When i get on Classic, (Not trying to beg anyone to come on the server) There is nobody or some that are AFK there. I just figured.. and there was something saying about the server dying with the amount of people. When I began at guest, there were always TONS of people on the server, but now a days, it's just a loner-ville. It really makes me angry that I cant just talk to people, I mean, the SMP Server's pretty fine. I mean I don't blame anybody, but I spend most of my Time to SMP because I am Trusted. And I would keep my promise if I were a Mod, I would be on whenever I had the chance.

Sincerely,
jh2018

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Could this be the end of the Opticraft Classic Server?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:41:41 am »
Classic never dies...
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:48:44 am »
there's a number of reasons for the lack of people on classic. the two most prominent reasons would have to be:

A) Mojang sucks and decided to hide the link to the classic server list, and we're usually stuck at the end.
B) A lot of players, including myself, are going to school and will be for quite a while.

i suspect we'll see an influx of players once a winter/spring vacation rolls around and again over the summer as people will have time to get one.

classic has a very strong fan base, including myself and will always be a haven for those people, so while the server seems dead, it's really in more of a stupor and will awaken when the time comes.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:00:07 pm »
Even if it was dead, classic shall forever live on in our hearts and the classic regulars will always be united for that reason.

officiersmirnof

• check out the youtube chanel lightwolfgamming
    • View Profile

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 04:51:46 pm »
You guys. Please STOP posting topics like these. They are pointless and unnecessary.

Classic is NOT going anywhere anytime soon, and it's most certainly NOT going to go *poof* in the blink of an eye.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:57:16 pm by Xeadin »