May 28, 2024, 08:23:50 pm

Author Topic: Moderator Application - bigbeno37  (Read 3178 times)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - bigbeno37
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:11:46 am »
Hello there!

As you can tell by the title of this topic, this is indeed my Moderator application. However, instead of following the template (Age: 13, Location: Melbourne, etc), I will be including the template IN this application. I feel that doing it this way will better my chances of becoming a Moderator, and also shall look more professional. Since the role of the Moderator is very strict and professional, this manner of applying should be considered appropriate.

So, as you could probably tell, my name is bigbeno37. I have had that name for a while, and just for trivial reasons, I shall put how it came to be. My username came to be around 4 years ago when a friend of mine set up my YouTube account. He had named my account 'superstarben37', and for a little while, I liked that name. I also really liked, and still do, the number 37. Then a few months later, I came up with bigbeno37, for the following reasons:

big - In real life, I am big

ben - My real life name is Ben

o - My real life LAST name begins with an 'o'

37 - My favourite number, as a matter of fact, is 37

Next, my location. Please forgive me, but, for security reasons, I will not disclose my actual address. However, I will disclose my nearest city, state, and country. As of right now, I live in or near (Remember, Internet security) Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is quite nice out here, and, contrary to popular American (No offense) beliefs, not all of us out here have a true Australian accent. Myself, for instance, do not have one, but instead, according to my friends, have an European one.

Now, for my age. I am 13, but, as you can most likely tell, I am very mature for my age, and also smart.

My timezone is exactly what it should be for my location, GMT +10:00. This means that I am always ahead of American people time-wise. I have a friend in Chicago, United States, and I tease them about it all the time. Also, just to note, not many staff are on in this timezone, and thus, I want to help out, although not many people are on anyway.

Now, the difficult part, trying to remember when I joined. Well, gosh, I am at a loss. All I can really say is that I joined around a year and a bit ago, and I have loved every single moment of it ever since. I am so glad I found this server, and I shall never leave as long as I play Minecraft.

EDIT: I just had a look at when I made my forum account, and apparently, I made it earlier on this year on March the 7th. If you REALLY want to be specific, I joined at quarter-to 7 PM. Whoops! I guess I don't keep track of time very well, but oh well. I have spent 7 months on the server now, of which has been absolutely amazing.

Okay, one of the main reasons I am even writing this application is because our fellow Operator Mr. Henz (BigBadHenz) has personally stated that he thinks that I could make out to be a good Moderator. Whether or not he still believes this, I do not know, but I do still hope that he still thinks of me what he had said before. So, before anyone else asks, no, I haven't gotten any other recommendations, but nontheless I sincerely hope I do get some in this topic.

And last but certainly not least, why should I be chosen, out of EVERYONE trying to get in here, to become a Moderator? Well, for one thing, I am very mature, as you can most likely tell by my amount of effort writing this application, which means I will take care of player disputes and griefings VERY seriously and maturely as possible. Another reason is that because of my time within the 'technical' sides of servers, I tend to pick up codes and commands easily, and tend to remember them quite well and that not many staff are on in my timezone. While in-game, I specifically remember Mr. Henz saying to me that he wishes more people were on around this timezone. Another thing is that while on Opticraft, I tend to go on Mumble a lot, and thus, I get to know more and more people and I also get to know their voices and personalities more-so than in game. Lastly (But not leastly :P), I will take my role very, VERY seriously, but I will still be the same funny old person that I am (was, depending on when you're reading this) as Trusted.

Thank you very, very much for reading this application. I truly do hope that you give this more than just a mere glance and really do consider my application. It would truly mean the world to me even if you just considered this, as, if I get rejected, I can take any suggestions you leave behind and put them to my advantage for next time.

Once again, thanks so very much for reading this,

bigbeno37

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - bigbeno37
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:41 am »
13? You've wrote a nice application there. I guess we could use another Aussie addition to the team, so here's my support. :)

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »
WO_ow Nice application. Supported  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 11:58:07 pm »
Thanks for the support guys!

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 12:28:07 am »
supported :)

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:07 pm »
Accepted. Familiarize yourself with the moderator commands and guidelines.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:09:45 am »
Wow! Thanks so much for the promotion Nyssa! It's been two times now that you've promoted me :D

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 02:39:08 am »
Congratulations, Ben! :D

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:46:48 am »
Thanks Josh! Hey, uh, remember when were we playing checkers XD?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:11:34 am by bigbeno37 »

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 05:11:54 am »
Unfortunately, rejected.