June 16, 2024, 04:31:51 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - N8MATTHEWS  (Read 5452 times)

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - N8MATTHEWS
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »
Timezone: EST
Were you recommended by anyone?: Chipaton, awesomealicia [Add your name if you want]
Why you should become a moderator:

Dear whoever is reading this and may concern,
Let me introduce myself; I am N8MATTHEWS. I have played on the Opticraft SMP Minecraft server for about 7 months. I have never played on the Classic server, though. This is about why i feel i should be a moderator on the Opticraft SMP Minecraft Server.

First off, Some of you may be saying, "but N8, you left us for a month for a break, how is that showing loyalty to the server". My response to that is simply, it's not. Leaving the server for a month is not loyal to the server and i am very sorry for doing so. Now i did have my reasons but leaving is not loyal and, ill admit, was kinda selfish. I promise, though, if i do get the honor of becoming a Mod i will stay loyal and won't leave; unless for important things or emergencies like sports, school, or sleep. So if you think "that's not loyalty to the server" then there is my response, and i am very sorry.

Second off, I believe i should be a mod because I feel like i'm ready. Last time these were open, yes i put in a app, and yes I rejected my own app, because i believed I was not ready to be a moderator; and if i don't believe I can do it I probably would have let all of you down. I feel now that i am ready for the responsibility that comes with being a mod and will try my best to do so. I feel that I can help the community out and keep this server a fun place to play.

Thirdly, I feel that i can contribute as a mod by being there for the people that need it. I'm on a good bit about 1-2 hours a day and really feel like i can help with grief. I'm a very fast learner and can probably memorize the commands needed to do this task very quickly and be able to do them successfully. As a moderator i believe that i can do good by not only looking for /helpop's but also looking in chat to see those people that are new and need help and don't know how to use helpop.

Last, Most of you know me. I have my enemies and i have my friends. In a community that knows everyone like we do i feel that being promoted in the same area that your friends are can cause issues. Like mods doing things for their friends that shouldn't be, or mods taking their friends requests before others. If i get the honor of becoming a mod i will take helpop's n the order they come, and not put friends before the ones that really need help. If i become a mod, im not going to gloat and brag, i'll take it with a grain of salt and be humbled by the fact I have been trusted enough to work with the best. I won't gloat and prance around, but i will get right to work because I know that with become a moderator a lot of extra weight and responsibility comes with it. I am ready for this challenge and hope i get the change to prove who i am and what i can do for this server.

Being a moderator to be would be the world, I love this server and love its ideas and goals. Becoming a mod comes with its hard times but I'm ready. I know i will be hated by some and well liked by others but as long as i can manage my job in a fair but un-biased way; things will work out. Moderating comes with extra responsibility which i am ready for. Thank you for your time you took to read this application and I hope you will consider me as a potential candidate as a mod.

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                        N8MATTHEWS          

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:51:53 am by awesomealicia »
I'm Back BABY!

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - N8MATTHEWS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:24:53 pm »
I just added you to my list of "Possible Soon to be Mods" xD

Supported  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:30 pm »
I just added you to my list of "Possible Soon to be Mods" xD

Supported  :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P

Thank you mopar, if i become a mod i will be very honored, but if i dont i will take it as a sign of i need to do better
I'm Back BABY!

✪haq1✪

• Shake that booty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »
Take my bucket load of support!  ;D ;D

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:32:40 pm »
Same here. And unlike others, who Apply every time when the Apps open up, ill probably wait until Christmas or so. (Unless, a app session opens up and i dont have any real competition (not many Mod worthy players apply). I was unlucky this time, as my list of "possible soon to be mods" is up to 6 people. xD

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »
Same here. And unlike others, who Apply every time when the Apps open up, ill probably wait until Christmas or so. (Unless, a app session opens up and i dont have any real competition (not many Mod worthy players apply). I was unlucky this time, as my list of "possible soon to be mods" is up to 6 people. xD

Mopar it doesnt matter the ammount of competition, they will pick the person they see best fit for the job. This isnt a race to see who gets the most support, or who is your competition. Its between you, nick, dedly, relkeb, and optical. Sure maybe seeing people support you might help but its up to you when you feel you want ro be a mod. They will pick who they think can get the job done, so what if there is 6 people you feel are competition. To them we are all canidates and they will pick the one they see best fit.
I'm Back BABY!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 09:37:08 pm »
Supported!!! :D

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:17 pm »
Supported!

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 10:50:10 pm »

Mopar it doesnt matter the ammount of competition, they will pick the person they see best fit for the job. This isnt a race to see who gets the most support, or who is your competition. Its between you, nick, dedly, relkeb, and optical. Sure maybe seeing people support you might help but its up to you when you feel you want ro be a mod. They will pick who they think can get the job done, so what if there is 6 people you feel are competition. To them we are all canidates and they will pick the one they see best fit.

Not what i meant dude. read the whole thing.
Unless, a app session opens up and i dont have any real competition (not many Mod worthy players apply). I was unlucky this time, as my list of "possible soon to be mods" is up to 6 people. xD
Example: a new trusted, well known trusted, me, and a few others semi-known trusteds apply- that means i have a better chance becuase they NEED a new mod, they will pick one. If there is 6 well know trusted applying in this session, the odds are lower becuase there might be better people. of they need mods and only 2 good ones apply, chances are theyll pick both, if not one more. i know that just beacuase there is more players dosnt mean a person has a less chance becuase of there being others, it means thers a less chance becuase they might not be the best. This is really hard to explain, so sorry if its confusing.

KevinNova

• Smp Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »
Supported! You definetly deserve moderator!

• The Koreannn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 05:29:00 pm »
Supported!!! :D
Supported!
That is quite... the wall... of words.. lol.
I think we've had our spars, but, anyway.
Good luck. I think you're fit for such position.
Supported! You definetly deserve moderator!

Take my bucket load of support!  ;D ;D

Thanks Guys
I'm Back BABY!

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
Supported! you would be a good mod

EileenNova

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:56 pm »
Supported!You would make an awesome mod! ;)
2crzy trusts me.... do any of you?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 10:07:41 pm »
MY EYES!

I have made longer XD but anyways...

Supported!

Hi N8 :D if you can read this, you're awesomer than opticalza.

JK. Not possible. Trololo
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 08:29:07 pm »
Supported Good Luck man!