May 15, 2024, 01:56:42 pm

Author Topic: I need help. Gaming PC help.  (Read 19390 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I need help. Gaming PC help.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 07:12:44 am »
If you want, i will put together a list of parts for you if you are willing to build it yourself. I have lots of experience and knowledge regarding computer parts.

Please do. I am interested to know what you would consider (Unless it's that picture I haven't got round to looking through, in which case I'll look tonight).

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 03:13:36 pm »
why nick ?  

i have a friedn that has this and his computer never lags at all
That entire list is a joke. You are basically setting fire to a pile of money. Not to mention you get NOTHING from sli ing 680's since 1 680 can max out every game most likely for the next few years.

32GB of ram is a joke in itself. You can post videos on youtbe with 1GB of ram lol, the 6 you have is more than enough.

I guarantee that you will NEVER use 3TB of harddrive space since I am assuming you will put a lot fo your games on the SSD along with windows.

And claw. It wouldnt be those exact parts, but some would stay the same (case, PSU)
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 03:26:07 pm »
And claw. It wouldnt be those exact parts, but some would stay the same (case, PSU)

Alright, i'll keep that in mind. You could well be right in which case I might builder

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:42 pm »
why nick ?  

i have a friedn that has this and his computer never lags at all
That entire list is a joke. You are basically setting fire to a pile of money. Not to mention you get NOTHING from sli ing 680's since 1 680 can max out every game most likely for the next few years.

32GB of ram is a joke in itself. You can post videos on youtbe with 1GB of ram lol, the 6 you have is more than enough.

I guarantee that you will NEVER use 3TB of harddrive space since I am assuming you will put a lot fo your games on the SSD along with windows.

Your paying something like 3000$ for a system and your going to use 1500$ of it at most. The rest is just burning money.

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 04:59:37 am »
well what would you suggest then and 6gb still lags alot nick i can barely use fraps without lag

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 05:24:18 pm »
well what would you suggest then and 6gb still lags alot nick i can barely use fraps without lag
This not because of your ram at all, especially not with 6GB. Your CPU or GPU is what is causing the lag. I can record BF3 videos on fraps with my 4GB of ram, I'm sure your 6 is fine.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 09:28:49 pm »
This not because of your ram at all, especially not with 6GB. Your CPU or GPU is what is causing the lag. I can record BF3 videos on fraps with my 4GB of ram, I'm sure your 6 is fine.
Exactly. I've got 4GB of RAM on my laptop, but Minecraft actually runs worse on it than my desktop at home (which has 2GB, but a better GPU).

Also, to all the people posting part lists and costs: aren't you forgetting the OS?  Windows 7 Home Premium is $120 on Microsoft's site for an upgrade, $200 for the full version.
All your mine are belong to me.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 09:30:03 pm »
I think I will stick to Mountain Lion OS X :P
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »
I have lost the little respect I had for you Snape.

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:38 pm »
Exactly. I've got 4GB of RAM on my laptop, but Minecraft actually runs worse on it than my desktop at home (which has 2GB, but a better GPU).

Also, to all the people posting part lists and costs: aren't you forgetting the OS?  Windows 7 Home Premium is $120 on Microsoft's site for an upgrade, $200 for the full version.

Get any i7 processor, and anything better than a Nvidia 560ti should be good without lag

I have a i5 that clocks at 3.5 GHz, and a Radeon 6850. I can FRAPS at 30 frames/sec on Battlefield 3 ultra settings.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 10:49:31 pm »
I have lost the little respect I had for you Snape.

I love you too Chipaton.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 10:53:28 pm »

Get any i7 processor, and anything better than a Nvidia 560ti should be good without lag

I have a i5 that clocks at 3.5 GHz, and a Radeon 6850. I can FRAPS at 30 frames/sec on Battlefield 3 ultra settings.
I have a second generation i5, which is still tons better than the Athlon 64 X2 on my desktop.
All your mine are belong to me.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 11:59:36 pm »

Go make me a computer that's under $800 and show me it, I want to see what you choose out. Make sure you include the keyboard, mouse, monitor. The monitor size should range around 24" and I'd like it to be a LED light with no glare.

Let's see what you can come up with, I'm not good at making gaming PC's, so I'm not trying to make myself look better than you, I actually might take in consideration what you put together and get it.

Yes Nick, I'm loving the image you posted, it gives me a nice cushion for a good monitor/keyboard.

---><--- Click the monkey

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:16 am »
I'm pretty sure that I might stick to MacBook keyboard as well. Everything else must change.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 01:20:35 am »
I'm pretty sure that I might stick to MacBook keyboard as well. Everything else must change.
I love the small keys and how easy they are to glide my fingers over.
(click to show/hide)

---><--- Click the monkey