May 28, 2024, 05:42:11 am

Author Topic: I need help. Gaming PC help.  (Read 19416 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
I need help. Gaming PC help.
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:03 am »
I need help. What kind of gaming PC should I get, or, if I build one, what should I really focus on upgrading? Where can I see all the specs and build one? Like what website? Are these questions getting ridiculous? Do you think optical likes Hot Cheetos? Are umadbro? Can Albert Pujols afford a cheeseburger? Derp?

Alright, getting serious again. Gaming PC help. Yup. Post away.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Juicyzbox

• View Profile
Re: I need help. Gaming PC help.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:38 am »
a really good site i would use is newegg.com, they have a lot of reviews and suggestions for every type of person.  Also i would focus on upgrading is def get a really nice core, quad-core perhaps an i7, 8gb ram, and then a good graphics card.  But when you combine the high end things, you have to have a good case and fans to control the temperature and everything.  Do you have a certain budget?

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:17 am »
I would build your own, I can help you a little if you give me a price range.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:59:53 am »

It can be more expensive to build your own, unless you're going for a really high range pc. This is because proper PC stores get discount prices, while you have to pay for your own. Also, you don't get warrenty (If you screw up, its your money. If they screw up, they fix it for free).

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:10 pm »
I'd go for something like this, real top-of-the-range PC.
(click to show/hide)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:22:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Lovely.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 02:28:04 pm »

It can be more expensive to build your own, unless you're going for a really high range pc. This is because proper PC stores get discount prices, while you have to pay for your own. Also, you don't get warrenty (If you screw up, its your money. If they screw up, they fix it for free).
False. No matter what level computer you want to buy it will always be cheaper to build your own. This is because manufacturers up the prices since they have to assemble them and they know people will buy them. Plus you are paying for the company name also (alienware, apple, ect..)

Your second statement is also false, all the parts you buy are backed by a manufactures warranty, my graphics card itself has a lifetime warranty.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »
(click to show/hide)

:o WOAH! that supports floppy?!?! Man thats the future right there

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 03:38:38 pm »

False. No matter what level computer you want to buy it will always be cheaper to build your own. This is because manufacturers up the prices since they have to assemble them and they know people will buy them. Plus you are paying for the company name also (alienware, apple, ect..)

Your second statement is also false, all the parts you buy are backed by a manufactures warranty, my graphics card itself has a lifetime warranty.

For the first statement, I spent considerable time investigating buying a medium end gaming pc. For roughly the same specs, I got better prices. Yes, if you want to buy from apple, you're going to have to pay for the brand, but I wasn't talking about buying from the big, well known suppliers.

The 2nd statement is true. I looked up on google "Graphics card warrenty", and this was an example (Nvidia in this one)

(click to show/hide)

What this is saying (Under the abuse section), is that if the graphics card did not work when it was sent to you, or is damaged by itself they will replace/fix it.

If you screw up while fitting it, that's a different matter.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »
I'm in school and my friend tells me to get Alienware X51. Should I do this?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »
I'm in school and my friend tells me to get Alienware X51. Should I do this?

My friend has one, they're good, apart from one thing. Don't leave a headphone plugged in xD
His brother walked off, and the wire was around his leg. They're so thin, they just fall over immediatly (If you stand them up, that is).

Smashed x51 = not good.

Oh, and apparently the screen they package with it is pretty terrible (Again, that is just what my friend said, could just be his opinion).

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:44 pm »
Lol claw, that is the exact same warrenty you get with a prebuilt. it wont cover any accidental damage. As a matter of fact for most prebuilts, even opening the case voids the warrenty on the whole thing.

Fadmad

• TRUSTED AGAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »
This should really help.
TRUSTED AGAIN!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 07:12:05 pm »
Example time claw. Mid range desktop at bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+HPE+Desktop+-+10GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/5563052.p?id=1218661381249&skuId=5563052

Price: $700

Mid range desktop I put together using similar parts (note this one has a HUGE upgrade in the GPU department, and when I say huge I mean more than double the power): http://i.imgur.com/4o50V.png

Price: $629 (plus you get dirt 3 for free, its a win, win  ;D)

Also note that when you put a pc together yourself you can always upgrade it. Pre built manufacturers often do not use the ATX motherobard standard meaning you will NOT be able to switch out the mother board without buying a new case. Not to mention most manufacturers lock your bios aswell.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:18:47 pm by Nick3306 »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 08:25:14 pm »
Lol you're ALWAYS listening to dream theater....