May 03, 2024, 10:27:00 am

Author Topic: On The 12W36A Snapshot  (Read 11081 times)

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: On The 12W36A Snapshot
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 01:13:14 pm »
I hope u guys know that the wither is able to be spawned by the player
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »
Maybe disable the usage of the player spawning it? Imagine the destruction it would make.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 03:50:35 pm »
Guys, this is just a snapshot. Who say we can craft a "The Wither" Spawn Egg in 1.4.1? Maybe they change it when the next snapshot is coming or when 1.4.1 is coming out. I think "The Wither" will get a new structure in The Nether with his Wither Skeletons. We will see it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »
There's also a new painting that shows the creation of the Wither.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 04:35:11 pm »
Indeed, but there is an bug(?) in the Snapshot that you can't place it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 04:36:26 pm »
Indeed, but there is an bug(?) in the Snapshot that you can't place it yet.
Oh I didn't know that.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 07:02:55 pm »
My idea:
A "wither room"
A bedrock/obsidian official room where the wither can be spawned by the player(a plugin that allows the wither only to be spawned here). This would have a /warp to tp here from the outside.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »
Eh... Um... This topic has got a bit out of hand. It's ment to be about spawning the wither, not who / who doesn't like the updates. Lol...

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 10:43:13 pm »
I thonk ot can only move in zoned areas and e spawned in them, and need to be aproved bya a mod
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 03:20:49 am »
Lol spw, true u got it
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

PIXELDUDE2001

• a rogue god
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 03:52:34 am »
Guys, this is just a snapshot. Who say we can craft a "The Wither" Spawn Egg in 1.4.1? Maybe they change it when the next snapshot is coming or when 1.4.1 is coming out. I think "The Wither" will get a new structure in The Nether with his Wither Skeletons. We will see it!

you don't craft the wither spawn egg u make it like a iron golem.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 04:12:57 am »
Wat kind of griefer will take the rime tO grief, the skulls are super rare to get
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »
If you want a beacon why dont you see if they can add it to the market...for a cery high rate, or hold contests, idk, but what i do know is im tired of seeing people whine about the new updates. I would rather see this game get updated then not at all, and not all things are bad
I'm Back BABY!

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 09:03:21 pm »
Ok, lets get this talked about in some detail.

So this new snapshop features a new boss. The way you get/spawn it is by playing 4 soulsand in a "T" and place the wither heads on the top 3 blocks. You get the heads from killing the mobs, but where does this "wither head" come from? well the new nether mob the Wither skeleton. Wither Skeletons are dangerous hostile mobs that spawn in Nether Fortresses. Wither Skeletons are the Nether equivalent of skeletons. Unlike skeletons, however, Wither Skeletons use stone swords and are over two blocks tall. When hit by a Wither Skeleton, the player may be inflicted with the "Wither" effect for a few seconds, darkening the health bar and further damaging the player while giving the Wither Skeleton a small health boost. When killed, the mob may drop coal and bones, and very rarely drop their skull and the stone sword. So any player right now can easily attain 3 heads and create a Wither Boss.

The Wither is a floating, three-headed, ghostly creature with a skeletal appearance. It is the second boss mob introduced, after the Ender Dragon, and is also a type of "utility mob". When spawned, the Wither will temporarily flash blue and grow larger in size as its health bar fills up. During this state, the Wither is frozen and immune to all damage until its health maxes out. It is recommended for the player to walk away from the Wither to prepare for battle at this point. They can move very fast and shoot out "wither skulls" which destroy blocks, it also like the ender dragon destroys blocks when it collides/flies into them.

This then raises the issue of grief, or potential grief. A trusted player could make one and keep it at of the way, and because it is hostile unless it is attacked the Mobs is 100% safe in your home, but say a guest who gets into your house was to attack it, then the Wither would attack the mobs. The Wither goes after other mobs, like sheep, cows (and possibly players) so it would destroy blocks to make a path to the desired kill. This would create massive about on grief. Now I do believe, that fact that LogBlock records TnT damage, in theory it would record the "wither head" damage. This wouldn't be a problem, but the problem with this this is that if a Mod was very busy they wouldn't be able to help the person for a while. Also if player was killed by the Boss Mob then that just wouldn't work. If every one was create these then the world would be full of these mobs.

Solutions to this could be turn off block damage from the Wither boss, but this could also mean that animals could be killed anyway causing mayhem. We could make it so the Boss does no damage to anything at all but there is still the possibility of the mass spawning of creatures. We could make it so Wither Skeletons don't drop skulls but that might be hard/impossible to do, and also loses the fact some people might want to collect all of the skulls. I think the only solution is to make it not possible to make a Wither Boss.

Love to know your opinions about it and not to do the "TL DR"

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 11:20:19 pm »
What if trusted+xould only spawn them? Then they get pernisson from an op that it can be contained properly.