May 04, 2024, 04:32:55 am

Author Topic: Ban Appeal Suggestion  (Read 2697 times)

<>LavaEvan<>

• SMP Trusted, Here to help!
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal Suggestion
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:50:57 am »
Hi Guys,
  This is a really annoying issue, probably for all the mods, and me as well. My proposal is that people cannot create bans for less then a week. This would make it so much easier on all of the mods not having to take time to screenshot, and stuff for small >1wk ban. Ban appeal format should be as follows in the header.

<Name> <Whoever banned you> <Time (Days) Ban>

I mean, how much easier would it be if Mods didn't have to constantly write back to two day ban appeals. It just doesn't make sense to me. On the other hand bans <1wk should be still able to appeal, because, come on, that is a long time without opticraft. Well, post what you think, but i think this should be implemented.

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08:38 am »
So lets just say that i got banned for something completely unfair but i couldn't make a ban appeal for a week, now if i were an average player and that were to happened i would be extremely angry. I understand where you're coming from, but its not going to happen. really those who post ban appeals right away for small things show us that they actually care about and want to play on the server again. Personally i don't think it is too much work to reply to a ban appeal stating why they can't or can be unbanned.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:11:35 am by techdude98 »

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:19 am »
Mistakes and misunderstandings may occur when Moderators deal with bans. We're not perfect so we may mess up sometimes. It really isn't fair to assume everyone that has been punished deserves their ban time, which most of the time they do, but again, it's not always the case.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 04:49:37 am »
While this may seem like a good suggestion, it's just more of an eyesore for the players that want to know why. We already have a guideline set in place, so there is no need to modify it at this point.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:39:21 pm »
While this may seem like a good suggestion, it's just more of an eyesore for the players that want to know why. We already have a guideline set in place, so there is no need to modify it at this point.

well i wouldn't say that... nobody follows those guidelines, they're due for a change. if someone thinks of a good/better way to handle ban appeals that doesn't involve writing an entire management system, let me know.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »
well i wouldn't say that... nobody follows those guidelines, they're due for a change. if someone thinks of a good/better way to handle ban appeals that doesn't involve writing an entire management system, let me know.

Can't you hide the topic and make it so only if you have the link, you can access the ban appeals? So for example, you go into the Ban Appeals board under Support but you only see the guide and no sub-forums visible and players can not post in that board. You have to actually read the instructions and then have the link to the board to post ban appeals in it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:56:11 pm by joshskiizz »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 12:00:30 am »
I've seen other forums where they've done that-- they hide other peoples (non-staff) threads and only make the ones that a user has created show up.

Granted that'd be difficult to implement (probably not possible on the SMF), but it'd be helpful to some degree.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 03:39:35 am »

Can't you hide the topic and make it so only if you have the link, you can access the ban appeals? So for example, you go into the Ban Appeals board under Support but you only see the guide and no sub-forums visible and players can not post in that board. You have to actually read the instructions and then have the link to the board to post ban appeals in it.

i suggested that to optical a while ago, but he didn't have the time to look into what would be required for that. maybe he has time and can look into it, as it could work.