June 15, 2024, 01:50:20 pm

Author Topic: [Operator] russo1999 Appeal  (Read 949 times)

joetro18

• View Profile
[Operator] russo1999 Appeal
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
hey iv been on opticraft a long time and never griefed plus i was banned while not even online      i think this is a misunderstanding and i would greatly appreciate getting uunbanned since iv been banned forever

which btw is not the right punishment for greifing even if i did      which i promise i didn't man
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:16:45 pm by Xeadin »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
[Operator] russo1999 Appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:20 pm »
Since ViperZeroOne is no longer a moderator, this appeal will fall into the hands of the operators.

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=russo1999

Your most recent ban has me a bit skeptical. Optihouse is one of the several grieftraps we have on the server. Apparently, ViperZeroOne witnessed that your account was able to grief the entire thing without being automatically banned (which a ban is what normally happens when someone griefs it).

If Viper still recalls this situation, I will have a brief talk with him.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:33:00 pm by Xeadin »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: [Operator] russo1999 Appeal
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:08:04 am »
I'm replying here with my information on this ban.  

The grief trap named "NickHouse", which is located just outside the guest world's spawn city (by the massive pumpkin farm) had been griefed by a number of individuals.  Those individuals did not receive any ban, nor did the grief trap repair itself.  This led us (a group of mods and ops) to the belief that these players may have been using some hack or client to get around the grief trap.  As part of a security measure, all those who griefed the structure without punishment, which included this player, were permanently banned until the situation was looked into.  All in the investigation group were in agreement of this move.  That said, not being the senior staff member present, I left the escalation of the issue to the op(s) that were present.

The ban was over a month ago, and I do recall taking screenshots.  That said, I've had a hard drive crash since then and all my screenshots have been lost.  For further information on this ban I suggest you discuss with AwesomeAlicia, as she (and a few others I can't now recall) were present to repair the damage to the grief trap.  To jog her memory, I'll mention that we also (this day) repaired the all golden grief trap by the same spawn, due to an individual using powered pistons to grief it.  This player, however, was not to our knowledge involved in THAT grief.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it, TheWholeLoaf might have been the one who actually found the grief.  But I can't be sure.  So much has happened since then.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:20:57 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)