May 19, 2024, 09:11:18 pm

Author Topic: Unofficial Opticraft App  (Read 6049 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial Opticraft App
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 07:23:58 am »
Yes. Just don't start an argument here alright?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:36 pm »
We're all friends here. :D

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:14:42 pm »
i would send this by opti before releasing it, cause i've seen things like these get people into serious trouble because it was not directaly approved by someone who should have approved it, just sayin. Dont take this personally, cause as theone said, were all freinds! =D
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:37:18 pm »
Yep there shouldnt be any problems cause its an unofficial not the official
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 11:35:26 pm »
Mr_Mr_Mr this app does not require your account username or password. It is 100% safe.
How do you post without logging in?

---><--- Click the monkey

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:18 am »
Please go into detail what this app does and how you made it,

Alec2435

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 08:27:11 am »
We you see icooliam originally made it with some crappy app builder then I found this and offered to make a much better app doing the code in Xcode (since I'm an apple dev). And the forum thing was originally basically what an HTML iframe is. If it will really make you feel better I can have one of the opti devs look at the source.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:31:25 am by Alec2435 »

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:45:54 am »
Please go into detail what this app does

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
All it really does is tell you the news and the top voters.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »

Sorry, but I think what most people want is full functionality on the Opticraft website. We want to go on forums, vote on the server and do everything else that is on the website.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 04:33:09 pm »
Well i'm sorry but I have stated that this app needs a lot of developing and that this is only a tester version.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 10:56:48 pm »
icooliam: you've made an app with a free app-maker; that is not an app.  If you have no programming experience, no published apps, and aren't taking any input on what the community actually wants in an app, then you have no place in trying to create one. It sounds like Alec2435 is better suited to write a sort of unofficial app (though i don't know the extent of his experience and have never seen any of his code) so I don't understand where you fit in the puzzle.

I don't have the authority or the desire to stop you from trying to create/release an app (even though i believe it would be largely pointless/unused), but it doesn't sound like you would put out a polished, professional product that would set opticraft apart from other servers.

The app needs to be more than just a forum browser/news browser to be successful or worthwhile, it has to be an extension of the community somehow. I don't know how to accomplish that and i'm not interested in thinking it over.

--

I don't think much else needs to be said in this topic regarding the actual content of the app until this "project" becomes more organized with a prototype and screenshots and whatnot.

whether or not a 3rd party app contains some password stealing device is a problem that the members are going to have to deal with. What's stopping someone from releasing an opticraft-based app (or other product/program) designed to steal passwords, without ever bringing it to the attention of the forum? We can't possibly police that, so it's up to the users to know and avoid the risks involved with a 3rd party app.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:09 am »
Why would you need an app based around a forum website? The most it could do would be optimizing the site for mobile, and that is fairly useless. You can create a link on your home page on both android and apple so just do that if you are looking for an easier access point to the site. If their were to be an official app made it would definitely need to go through optical, he might even want to look into doing some of it himself.

Also I agree with csurchz, the app would need something more than just a forum browser. Probably links to mumble, irc and player rank lists. Stuff like that
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:26:08 am by gavin1928374655 »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 12:46:56 am »
Consider it done. I always needed a shortcut to irc and such. I know coding for Apple and such, I just need the time.

Alec2435

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:36 am »
Then snape you are officially replacing icooliam in building this app sorry icooliam but you just have no coding experience or understanding and are using the worlds shittyest app builder.