June 01, 2024, 02:38:42 pm

Author Topic: Two small questions  (Read 2324 times)

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
Two small questions
« on: August 25, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »
As the title says, I have two small questions regarding in-game stuff
So here they are  ;):

a) If I put a PS under a sticky piston, and powered the sticky piston, would it still be a PS? Or a glitched one like when you hold shift?  :o
b) In my villager tank (8 4x4 thanks combine) I had quite a lot of villagers in the tank (around 10-20), and there was a restart. After the restart, I had just a bit over half of the villagers, and couldn't get them to breed  :( (they didn't breed...or they did it super slowly)

If anyone could help me with these, that would be great!!  :D  8)

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Re: Two small questions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 10:12:25 pm »
No idea about the first one, I'm not sure. I think the protection field would move but I'm not 100% sure.

Second sometimes you have to pour water quickly(not to drown them) over them for their "blocks" to update, before thy can breed again :P

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »
No idea about the first one, I'm not sure. I think the protection field would move but I'm not 100% sure.

Second sometimes you have to pour water quickly(not to drown them) over them for their "blocks" to update, before thy can breed again :P

Ahh ok.
I'm not too enclined to do the first one...don wannna waste my PS :P

codepmman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 10:14:24 pm »
For your PS I have no clue never heard of that but for your villagers in a 2*2 area our population control only allows 2 entities so in a 4*4 area if math is correct your only going to have 8 entities or less if they all huddle in one corner then it will only count the 2*2 area.... I have a sheep farm it is about 20*20 I had tones of sheep but if I huddle them in a corner they end up dieing after about 10 min
Hope that helps
Creepin........Like a boss

BECAUSE IM BIGGER THAN YOU

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 10:17:56 pm »
For your PS I have no clue never heard of that but for your villagers in a 2*2 area our population control only allows 2 entities so in a 4*4 area if math is correct your only going to have 8 entities or less if they all huddle in one corner then it will only count the 2*2 area.... I have a sheep farm it is about 20*20 I had tones of sheep but if I huddle them in a corner they end up dieing after about 10 min
Hope that helps
Err...I meant I had 8 4*4 areas, all combined so it is a huge area.
And someone told me that there can be 400 mobs in a 4*4 area  :o

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »
For the first question, protection stones cannot be moved by any type of piston as shown below.

(click to show/hide)

---><--- Click the monkey

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:50 pm »
Ahh... ok
Thanks Mr  :)