May 03, 2024, 03:15:03 pm

Author Topic: Rule Book  (Read 4328 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Rule Book
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:13 pm »
So I was watching guests at spawn run by all the rules at spawn and then ask simple questions like, "Is griefing allowed" It hit me, why not give them a book? I think it should be in the started kit, seeing as how most people fly by the signs it'd be nice for them to just have it in their inventory so they can review it. It seems like /rules is fairly unknown to most even though we display it, people ignore it. I think having something tangible in their hands would really make a difference, its a lot harder to ignore. So yeah thats about it lol

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
Re: Rule Book
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:56:02 pm »
That's a pretty nice idea! But here's a question: do you think they will read them all? Or just fly by most of them, then they ask us stuff that's already in that book of rules?
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:04 pm »
i think it'll be "Read the book or you will cannot move" lawl that's a good :D (jk)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »
I'm sure forcing people to read a book before doing anything would piss most people off. It's a neat suggestion, but not particularly practical.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:56:09 pm »
As I was saying to a few other people, I am not too fond of this idea. Having a few neatly laid out signs which are pleasing to look at - spaced out and coloured, and the /rules command which has the same information but much more brief, is much less intimidating the having to look at a book stuffed full of information.

With signs you are forced to read or at very least glance at what they have to say when you exit the spawn, if you have a book you don't even need to read it and can be easily discarded, they will have nowhere to look once it is gone. Then you are back at square one with them having to type a command to regain the book, which might be unknown to most people. Also, I doubt many people will want to read the book if it displays there are many pages of information :P

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »
Honestly, this is a lot more helpful than it seems. Even I didn't know there was a /rules command, and of course that book is pretty hard to miss...Also, the book should always be in the inventory upon a request, kinda like the command to get the logblock. That way, nobody can say they lost it or something.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »
Even I didn't know there was a /rules command

(click to show/hide)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09:04 pm »
I actually really expected that XD
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:05:29 am »
I remember right when I started playing there was a server that made you take a quiz with 1 way water things. The point was you had to fully understand the rules to get by.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:15:02 am »
Now I can stand quizzing people by creating a spawn area for guests to go through to be able to play.

I've seen other servers with hidden easter eggs containing tidbits to get by certain areas of the quiz area. You had to at least be smart to find those easter eggs within the quiz area.

I agree with Tobs. Giving people a book would give them one more reason to toss it into the trash one way or another.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:37 am »
I was on a server like that before too!  I think we should do that, it does show that you understand the rules rather than ignoring them.  I strongly suggest for this to be added.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 12:40:56 am »
We could add easter eggs to the quiz to make sure they are actually doing it or something like that.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 12:25:42 am »
You know how guests that are new get starting items? Why not put a sign saying "Get starter items from quiz --->" and throughout the quiz they get the items?

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »
I'm pretty positive that a starter quiz wont ever be added to the server. It's just a hasstle.
This isn't a quiz server, it is a SMP server ;)