June 02, 2024, 09:22:21 pm

Author Topic: Villager Trading Mall  (Read 5224 times)

caitslove

• View Profile
Villager Trading Mall
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:14:18 pm »
Built a public villager mini-mall with Beugul. Using doors and hallways, we made it so the inside hallway counts as being "indoors" for villagers at night, and the shopping stalls are "outdoors" for during the day :)

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
Re: Villager Trading Mall
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »
You guys are awesome, well done both of you for doing this! I'm sure we are all grateful, as some of us don't have the pleasure of having our own villagers. Keep doing all of this and you'll go far  :)

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:59:59 pm »
Awesome for people that can't pay Villagers or lazy people!

But what are you going to do if all the Villagers have traded? There is a limit how much Villagers can trade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »
Do u know zombies spawns around 3+ villagers and guts them? Plus once the trading is used up u might have to kill them, an advertising villagers like that people may just wipe them out :/ do u want everyone to have emeralds and make emeralds as common as diamonds?
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »
do u want everyone to have emeralds and make emeralds as common as diamonds?
It doesn't matter if he/she cancel this. Someday, everyone will have Emeralds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »
do u want everyone to have emeralds and make emeralds as common as diamonds?
It doesn't matter if he/she cancel this. Someday, everyone will have Emeralds.

Yeah, i mean i give villagers away like mad, and once trading comes out, with the amount of villagers i have i can just trade with them to their limit and kill them off, to re gen them. Ill get the amount of emeralds i want then do WEEKLY drop parties of emeralds. Its not like they are gonna add them to the market to sell d00m, plus emralds are usless if u dont have villagers or access to them
I'm Back BABY!

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »
Do u know zombies spawns around 3+ villagers and guts them? Plus once the trading is used up u might have to kill them, an advertising villagers like that people may just wipe them out :/ do u want everyone to have emeralds and make emeralds as common as diamonds?

So what if we kill them? We have enough doors that the remaining ones will just breed again. In the photo you can see a building behind the trading stalls, how many villagers do you think we have?

Not all of the villagers are outside at once, only maybe 1/8 of them are in that corridor at any given time and fewer than that actually go outside. Out of the 15+ stalls we made, only maybe 6-7 have a villager in them at a time. So it's unlikely someone can kill ALL of them off.

We'd rather make this a public resource than continue letting rich people sell villagers at ridiculous prices.

We will announce a /home location on here if/when the server updates to 1.3.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:21:14 pm by caitslove »

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »
Awesome for people that can't pay Villagers or lazy people!

But what are you going to do if all the Villagers have traded? There is a limit how much Villagers can trade.

Trading options will be deleted over time, but at no point will there be 0 trading options. There will always be at least one and it will remain until a new trade option is offered.

Quote from Minecraft Wiki:
"In addition, if an offer is the last offer available, it is never removed even if its uses exceed 12. Once it is no longer the last offer, of course, it is eligible for removal."

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 05:35:24 pm »
you guys are welcome for the villagers XD
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »
you guys are welcome for the villagers XD

Well we had to pay for them... It's not like you handed them to us for free. And you gave us a mouthful for building a house 170m from where you were selling in order to breed them and so we had to transport them 4000 blocks to our home... So I'm not really sure what you mean by "you're welcome".

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 09:14:00 pm »
Well we had to pay for them... It's not like you handed them to us for free. And you gave us a mouthful for building a house 170m from where you were selling in order to breed them and so we had to transport them 4000 blocks to our home... So I'm not really sure what you mean by "you're welcome".

Lol

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »
lol, sorry i couldn't help im really busy right now
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »
Zombies spawns INSIDE and outside, I had my tiny second floor of villagers rapes by zombies before... And not everyone will have it, at least not as common as diamonds lol even if u give it free and n8mattew leave a 5 blocks radius around my rails cause I am gonna ps mine, don't build just 3 blocks along my rails and hug my rails do u not have some creativity?

Come to think of it this is a better solution then giving away free villagers, as giving free villagers so noob may over breed then and cause the server to lag, if a person who wants to crash the server gets some villagers from n8matt or someone giving free villagers, it won't end well. Good luck as long as u don't stuck giving he villagers away.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:09:42 pm by D00MKNlGHT »
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 12:23:43 am »
Zombies spawns INSIDE and outside, I had my tiny second floor of villagers rapes by zombies before... And not everyone will have it, at least not as common as diamonds lol even if u give it free and n8mattew leave a 5 blocks radius around my rails cause I am gonna ps mine, don't build just 3 blocks along my rails and hug my rails do u not have some creativity?

Come to think of it this is a better solution then giving away free villagers, as giving free villagers so noob may over breed then and cause the server to lag, if a person who wants to crash the server gets some villagers from n8matt or someone giving free villagers, it won't end well. Good luck as long as u don't stuck giving he villagers away.

You might want to consider adding torches... Just saying, because we have never had a problem with zombies spawning in our well-lit apartment complex.

"Cave Spiders, Zombies, Creepers, Skeletons, Spiders, and Spider Jockeys require a light level of 7 or less to spawn."

Also, if you are farming your iron golems, you really aren't helping your case. They are there to protect the villagers....

EDIT:

Zombie sieges do exist, but there are precautions you can take to prevent them from getting near your villagers. Magically those precautions were met in our original build and this is why we haven't experienced this.

EDIT 2:

Also, it is wise to stash a couple "reserve" villagers somewhere protected and out of the way in the event of griefers or zombie sieges. If you don't place any doors in it, it is not eligible for zombie sieges because it technically is not a village.  

The same concept can be applied to the original build as well. Once enough villagers are bred, you can remove doors and lock out the "village eligibility" of your building. Just a suggestion :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:44:31 am by caitslove »

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 12:26:24 am »
lol, sorry i couldn't help im really busy right now

Umm, you missed the point of my post. We aren't thanking you, so the "you're welcome" was unwarranted. You were rude to us and in every manner it was simply a business transaction. You were paid. The end.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:39:05 am by caitslove »