May 29, 2024, 02:11:22 am

Author Topic: How do I put screenshots on the forums?  (Read 1619 times)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
How do I put screenshots on the forums?
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:27:14 am »
I need a DETAILED explanation on how to upload screenshots onto this forum onto my town app in the moderator and city applications board.

ViperZeroOne, if you read this, i created an album on imgur.com, how do i put the pics on the post? Copy and paste doesn't seem to work.

I'd like to get a response soon, as I am using a temporary computer, and all the shots are on the hard-drive.

kag1999, ultimate computer failing-geek-person
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I put screenshots on the forums?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:38:57 am »
first you go to run then type %appdata% and then click on your .minecraft folder after you open that up find screenshots and then drag whatever image you want to upload over to pictures. then simply go to imgur or another photo uploading site then copy the bbcode and post it on the forums.

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 02:01:09 am »
first you go to run then type %appdata% and then click on your .minecraft folder after you open that up find screenshots and then drag whatever image you want to upload over to pictures. then simply go to imgur or another photo uploading site then copy the bbcode and post it on the forums.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I'm on Windows XP, and I only DOWNLOADED the file to play, nothing else, so there is no .minecraft folder, and i have no idea how I even got the images in the first place. Should i just wait, because this is a temporary computer and my other one has Windows 7 and a complete installation of minecraft on it.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:25:49 pm »
It should make a ".minecraft" folder anyway.  Even if you just play from the website it creates this folder.  Just click start, go to run, and type "%appdata%" into the box, then hit OK.  Look for the ".minecraft" folder and double-click on it.  Now look for the "screenshots" folder and double-click on it.  That's where the screenshots are located.

Once you have your screenshot you can drag it to "Imgur.com" and upload it there.  When that's done it gives you the image location on the right-hand side.  It's the one that ends with ".jpg" so copy it.

On the forum you then type {img} (with square brackets) and then paste the location and type {/img} (again with square brackets) at the end.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)