June 07, 2024, 05:29:41 pm

Author Topic: Farming for Resources  (Read 6752 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Farming for Resources
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:27 am »
Ive sold some, and so have others. I havent had any lag from them, and no melons are stupid lol, afk for an hour and get thousands? yeah not cool

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:38 am »
I made the farm wrong so the bug cause the villagers to keep breeding... It's fix and what's wrong with buying from me >:(
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

himajinizm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:23 am »
D00M, do you just choose and read parts of messages?
I did not say it was wrong of you to sell them.

I'm having this thread closed. (apparently I can't close this thread)

I don't know why you seem to have a problem with me d00m.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:31:54 am by himajinizm »

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:42 am »
I was trying to say why not buy from me?:3

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:05 pm »
Ivy2112. Techdude, and myself have a golem farm. Effective? NO!!! Spawn rates are so low that its not really a bother, its basically 50 every 2 hours. Plue even when one does spawn, it has a tenency to spawn outside of the correct place and walk around the village.
I'm Back BABY!

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 03:31:02 pm »
Iron farming with villagers are okay, as iron golem spawned from villagers are VEEEEERY slow, it may take 15min for 1 to spawn, and it may drop only 2 iron.... A 2 hour mining trip yields 5 stacks of iron which is more profitable. Do note villagers are harder to get then melon seeds.

EDIT: I did show and ask Alicia about this >:)

And Morrison I told wolfer about it and he is making one >:)

Yes I thought it was a cool idea and said do you mind if I steal it.   However if there's a problem similar to melon farming then I have no desire to push for it.  I'd rather just go mining.  I agree with the original post that the rules just need to be clear.   It doesn't matter that much to me from a "revenue" perspective.   I just thought it was a cool way to use the villagers.  (and I actually haven't started making one as I saw in game that someone said they thought optical had disabled drops so I wanted to wait to see how this played out. )
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:36:32 pm by Wolfer210 »

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 11:31:40 pm »
Their rates are so slow relkeb isn't bothered about it hahaha xD
I see no point in removing drops as its so slow lol.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 05:43:53 am »
Ok lemme put it this way.

A server has what's called ticks. 1 tick = 1 update. What this means is if the server is running at 15 ticks, it is actually updating everything in the entire world 15 times per second.

An iron golem has a 1 in 7000 chance of spawning during each tick provided the necessary conditions are met:
1: 16 or more villagers
2: 22 doors
3: only 1 iron golem per 16 adult villagers
4: There needs to be a 2 (wide) by 4 (high) location for the golem to spawn somewhere within an 8 block radius of the center of the village for the golem to spawn in.

Now since the server does between 15 and 20 ticks, we can get the following stats:

1) Since a golem has a 1 in 7000 chance of spawning (assuming all the correct conditions are met), we need 7000 ticks to pass for 1 golem to spawn.

2) The server does between 15 and 20 ticks per second

3) So, 7000 ticks / 20 ticksPerSecond = 350 seconds for one golem to spawn, and 350 seconds / 60 = 5 minutes and 50 seconds

meanwhile 7000 ticks / 15 TicksPerSecond = ~466 seconds / 60 = 7 minutes and 46 seconds

So basically when you do the math, a golem should spawn every 5m 50s to 7m 46s depending on the tickrate.

The above stats are assuming that all the necessary conditions for a golem to spawn are true including number of villagers, doors, and surrounding golems, and that there is a legitimate location for the golem to actually spawn. The above stats are also assuming that no other measures have been taken by Opticalza to modify the spawning statistics (such as a plugin which modifies the chances of a golem spawning during each server tick) of golems.

Best griefer name ^

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 04:12:28 pm »
i dont think they should be removed i kill my golem in my village when i need a couple iron its only around  but i need it to make a shovel or 2 theres no need to remove them when the spawn rate is so slow for so little
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

Zezenov

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:22 am »
Good luck destroying the "whole economy" lol