May 04, 2024, 10:01:04 pm

Author Topic: Suggestion - Click 2 Reply  (Read 4817 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Suggestion - Click 2 Reply
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:46:10 pm »
So, we've all run into this.  You go to send a private message to someone and you type their name wrong, or you go to reply to someone and you get messaged by someone else first, which causes you to send your PM to the wrong person.  It can be frustrating, can't it?  Well here's a suggestion;

Click 2 Reply...  It's actually really simple.  (although maybe not on the back-end)  The names in the chat window become clickable, just like links are, but when you click a name it automatically fills in the chat with "/msg <playername>" so you just have to start typing your message.

I know, for my own personal use, this would be a great addition for sending that initial PM to a player who created a helpop request.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - Click 2 Reply
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:57:33 pm »
I'm 99% sure this would be client side, regardless, this is a great idea and would love to see it implemented even if I have to install it.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:02:47 pm »
So, we've all run into this.  You go to send a private message to someone and you type their name wrong, or you go to reply to someone and you get messaged by someone else first, which causes you to send your PM to the wrong person.  It can be frustrating, can't it?  Well here's a suggestion;

Click 2 Reply...  It's actually really simple.  (although maybe not on the back-end)  The names in the chat window become clickable, just like links are, but when you click a name it automatically fills in the chat with "/msg <playername>" so you just have to start typing your message.

I know, for my own personal use, this would be a great addition for sending that initial PM to a player who created a helpop request.
We need this!

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:11:49 pm »
Don't be lazy! Just type their whole name out. This whole click to reply thing is not needed and I think it would annoy most of the players to have a window pop up to reply to it.

---><--- Click the monkey

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:54:33 am »
Don't be lazy! Just type their whole name out. This whole click to reply thing is not needed and I think it would annoy most of the players to have a window pop up to reply to it.

A window?   I don't think you know what I'm talking about, so let me explain further;

You press T to talk, click the person's name in the chat area, and in the text line appears "/msg <playername>"

.... There is no popup.  It's just a shortcut to save you typing weird screwed up names.  It's typing names like xX8eas1m0n132Xx that is annoying.  This is the solution to that problem, if it's possible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:59:01 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:06:03 am »
Oh, you're talking about auto-complete or auto-fill. I think that comes with a certain mod, but I'm not sure which.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 02:13:32 am »
It's really hard to carefully type someone's name in a message...and YOU SCREW UP. Then it gets annoying. I would love to see this implemented.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 03:14:03 am »
I use /r alot, i know how you feel. would love this if it was implemented
I'm Back BABY!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:35:40 am »
You guys realize you can do T "/msg (Lets use mr_mr_mr) Mr [TAB]" Then it will pop up the names with Mr.
/msg Mr (TAB) Mr_Mr_Mr [message]
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 03:51:54 am »
Oh, you're talking about auto-complete or auto-fill.

Exactly!

You guys realize you can do T "/msg (Lets use mr_mr_mr) Mr [TAB]" Then it will pop up the names with Mr.

Yea, but it doesn't always get it right.  I've had that pop up the wrong name before and then it's even more annoying cause I have to backspace the name out before manually typing in the right person.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:53:43 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 03:58:09 am »
Yea, but it doesn't always get it right.  I've had that pop up the wrong name before and then it's even more annoying cause I have to backspace the name out before manually typing in the right person.
Really? Who do you mean you had to browse through the selection? Like there could be two people with "Mr"?
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 04:04:10 am »
It's really not that hard to delete and retype a name as long as you have the convenience of auto-fill.

X_CHARGER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 05:21:24 am »
This is a really good Idea:) I'm don't know anything about game codes, well computers mostly but from my perspective this looks like it would be hard. And if it is, maybe for a 2$3$ donation you could get this. I dunno just an idea.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 08:17:43 pm »
Yea, but it doesn't always get it right.  I've had that pop up the wrong name before and then it's even more annoying cause I have to backspace the name out before manually typing in the right person.
Really? Who do you mean you had to browse through the selection? Like there could be two people with "Mr"?
Once, I was going to your house so I typed /home Soul and I went to a guys house I think his name was SoulLord or something like that.

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:52 pm »

Yea, but it doesn't always get it right.  I've had that pop up the wrong name before and then it's even more annoying cause I have to backspace the name out before manually typing in the right person.

You do realize if you hit Tab again, it moves onto the next player? So all you have to do is hit tab until you get to the player you want. Not that hard