May 23, 2024, 09:57:19 pm

Author Topic: borders!!!  (Read 2607 times)

bobbarkee

• What i do all day everyday!
    • View Profile
borders!!!
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:07:20 am »
is it possible to have a server without borders that just keeps generating like in single player? or would this just take way too much bandwidth?

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Re: borders!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:14:23 am »
is it possible to have a server without borders that just keeps generating like in single player? or would this just take way too much bandwidth?

It is enabled by default that there are forever-generating borders. Optical and the dev team have designed a plugin ehich enables the world border which in essence removes a chunk of lag.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

bobbarkee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:34:15 am »
ya i figured so. you just wouldnt think itd be that bad. but with 100+ players i could see how that would use alot of computer/internet power

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:09:03 pm »
Some people just venture out and beyond to find land that is either too far away or they do it just of overload the server with lag-- neither of which is not what we want.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »
I wish this was possible without lagging the server so much. Though, we do have enough space as of now for everyone the have quite a bit of land.

Flamefirre!

• Never gonna give you my diamonds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 09:29:58 pm »
   I was sailing one day, and the world border whacked me from my boat. I was unconscious for a few hours. I woke up floating on the water, luckily having been saved from drowning by my shirt, which was 3 sizes too large and made a bubble of air that kept me floating. I searched, and lo, I was saved, for an artificial island town was afloat next to the border! Swimming desperately, I quickly made my way to it. However, it was abandoned, and I made my leave of it, as I didn't wish to impose upon it. There was a pathway to a nearby island. I followed it, and it led me to a beautiful view. Eagerly, I built a new home there, expanding it with dirt and whatnot. Thus, I lived there till the day I ascended above the sky level to build a new home.
I have "player phases." I've been a Zelda guy, a gangster guy, a Quagmire guy, a Bane guy. Now I'm a Rick Astley guy. :D

bobbarkee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:09:53 am »
   I was sailing one day, and the world border whacked me from my boat. I was unconscious for a few hours. I woke up floating on the water, luckily having been saved from drowning by my shirt, which was 3 sizes too large and made a bubble of air that kept me floating. I searched, and lo, I was saved, for an artificial island town was afloat next to the border! Swimming desperately, I quickly made my way to it. However, it was abandoned, and I made my leave of it, as I didn't wish to impose upon it. There was a pathway to a nearby island. I followed it, and it led me to a beautiful view. Eagerly, I built a new home there, expanding it with dirt and whatnot. Thus, I lived there till the day I ascended above the sky level to build a new home.
cool story bro!

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 01:51:52 pm »
couldn't tell if you were making a jab at the people who would build dirt houses in the middle of the ocean then make sky houses or you thought that was socially acceptable and appealing to the eye, if so props to you... if not go home :P
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »
That would be crazy amounts of ram for an infinitely generating world on a server of this size.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.