May 23, 2024, 09:38:34 pm

Author Topic: Question about using trusted-ness  (Read 3321 times)

ogMolton

• View Profile
Question about using trusted-ness
« on: July 14, 2012, 01:48:36 pm »
Hello, i thought for sure i would find this in a search but I've read through so many moderator applications and people asking about being trusted, I basically want to know what new Harry Potter abilities are open to trusted players, i heard something about /vanish command,

As far as placing water goes, i see trusted people come up with water ready to go, are they using a /command to do that?

Thanks for the help, I swear I tried to find this on my own.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Question about using trusted-ness
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »
Only mods+ can spawn water. The trusted just have a bunch of buckets. :P

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 01:52:34 pm »
ok, and thats about huh? why all the fuss? its kinda a let down  ;D

I mean considering how people were bugging me about how i got trusted and people go on and on about it like it makes you poop diamonds or something  ;D

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 01:56:37 pm »

I mean considering how people were bugging me about how i got trusted and people go on and on about it like it makes you poop diamonds or something  ;D

They do the same thing about the Mod position, when in reality you only get a few perks.  You still gotta collect resources n' stuff just like every other player.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »

They do the same thing about the Mod position, when in reality you only get a few perks.  You still gotta collect resources n' stuff just like every other player.
Yeah, the only thing we get for free is water, fire, and lava. No other perks.

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 07:04:08 pm »
you also get to fly
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 07:06:08 pm »
yes, but we are not allowed to use the other perks, like fly for our own good ;D
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

Victor1261

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:10:30 pm »
yes, but we are not allowed to use the other perks, like fly for our own good ;D

Even though I've heard from most of the mods that they don't follow that rule :/

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 07:46:20 pm »
It's very easy for me to accidentally fly and build at the same time, to be honest, but I'm sorry if I've done so. But I think it mainly refers to flying in the nether to gather glowstone, flying around ravines to get ores, in thoses cases I don't do.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:15 pm »

Errr...  Fly is something we all use, pretty much all the time, and most of the time for our own purposes.  Come on people, let's be honest here.  I don't really know if you can "abuse" fly, but if you can I guarantee that every single mod (myself included) probably has and does on a regular basis.

That said Fly can, at times, be more trouble than help in most cases.  If you break a block while flying the odds are very high that block is going to fall and you'll have to drop down to get it.  If you fly in a tunnel odds are you're going to hit an "edge" every two minutes and come to a dead stop (which gets really annoying).  If you fly to build odds are you're gonna drift and place a block in the wrong spot, or break the wrong block.  If you fly and run into water you end up moving slower than someone who's actually walking or swimming.  Trust me, outside of traveling and looking at stuff from a distance it's usually just better to shut it off.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 08:08:05 pm »
ohhhhhhhhhh
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 08:27:59 pm »
Now that i actually got a chance to figure out the whole water thing it does add a whole new creative dimension to building things, so that's definitely cool.

I'm sure flying is nice but figuring out logistical solutions to the problems Henz just mentioned not while flying is challenging and fun, and flying would probably just make me lazy :)  I built a mid-air roller coaster at Joelking2's place and it was taking me too long to get to the bottom using the pre existing "subway" system, so i built a spleef that safely drops into the water some 100 blocks below for quick access to get my stuff if i died or to reclaim dropped blocks.

If i could've just flown down there I might not have made that spleef arena. On the other hand if i could've flown, that roller coaster probably would've been better, so i guess its good if a few choice people can fly to build amazing things here or there, after all, minecraft isn't a competition (i think)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 09:02:56 pm »
this is a question about mods or trusted people?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

bobbarkee

• What i do all day everyday!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 10:26:43 am »
ya trusted isnt a huge deal. kind of a let down cause mods wont place water for me anymore... haha