May 05, 2024, 05:42:49 pm

Author Topic: Thinking about making a PvP post? Read this.  (Read 37572 times)

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about making a PvP post? Read this.
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2013, 12:48:46 am »
If a pvp flag where to be added to protection stones there would prob need to be one requirement. Have the player freeze up when entering the area and force them to answer a question that pops into their chat: Entering PvP area! do you want to proced?  /y or /n.   /y being yes I would like to procede which turns on PVP, and /n being no and they are allowed to pass through the area without having PvP on. But this sounds like another plugin would be needed.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2013, 01:24:03 am »
If a pvp flag where to be added to protection stones there would prob need to be one requirement. Have the player freeze up when entering the area and force them to answer a question that pops into their chat: Entering PvP area! do you want to proced?  /y or /n.   /y being yes I would like to procede which turns on PVP, and /n being no and they are allowed to pass through the area without having PvP on. But this sounds like another plugin would be needed.

wat if i stack a bunch of ps in a line then anyone that walks into that is gonna be spam frozen with msgs as they try to move

also ps just aren't really a large enough area to pvp short of little duels...

not to mention we don't make the ps plugin so unless it already exists this just wouldn't happen, unless the ps makers decide to implement it.

opti/dej already have their own idea of wat pvp will be, the trick here is finding a way to make use of pvp in the meantime without needing some kinda epic overhaul to the server code.

personally i kinda like the idea of having a sorta bracketed tournament or something as an event, do 1v1 or teams n have a little gladiator style arena to fight in and have some sorta prize for the winners. this could happen once a month or something just for fun, of course pending if it's popular
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

wat if i stack a bunch of ps in a line then anyone that walks into that is gonna be spam frozen with msgs as they try to move

There's also the fact that people wouldn't necessarily want their protected bases suddenly becoming PvP zones.

Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but what about having PvP zones work like city protection? This way, someone has to build an arena and apply for a PvP zone. The PvP zone could also protect the zone from griefing as well.

JLSLover123

• Hi there :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:01 am »
Ok , I am sick of people asking and raging about PvP on the server seriously I know you want it but admins op and mods have been over it a ton of times It won't be added the only thing I suggest to be added is a boss arena.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

There's also the fact that people wouldn't necessarily want their protected bases suddenly becoming PvP zones.

Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but what about having PvP zones work like city protection? This way, someone has to build an arena and apply for a PvP zone. The PvP zone could also protect the zone from griefing as well.

Frobalt, Nick has told me before that if there were going to be any pvp arenas, they would all be under the control of the staff.

Best griefer name ^

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2013, 05:49:15 am »
Cant wait!

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2013, 07:27:52 am »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile