May 05, 2024, 03:20:41 am

Author Topic: Thinking about making a PvP post? Read this.  (Read 37568 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking about making a PvP post? Read this.
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2012, 03:38:30 am »

Sometimes, I wish some people were more knowledgeable in this kinda type of stuff.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2012, 07:50:57 pm »
^I agree

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »
Ok so yeah that suggestion was kind of a bad one no offense but that is kind of the wrong concept. If anyone has a good concept like a different form of free for all or capture the flag/base pm me and I quote it in.
Locked.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
I can haz pvp nao plz
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »
seeing as the last post about pvp was immediately locked on the assumption that pvp is in the works I thought I'd make a new one...
So, people seem to want a way to pvp.
On the other hand optical has a life and is understandably busy and can't rush to our aid.

so what are the poor people of opticraft to do?

Might I suggest we create a place to accommodate this need?

This doesn't need to be an epic ordeal either, we're talking bare minimum here, namely a place to fight and the ability to do so.

I'm thinking we should create some kinda arena where people can go with their friends and duke it out or just fight whoever they come across. (And I'm more than happy to build one) it would have obvious entrances with signs warning that the area is pvp, and prolly a message that pops up in chat wen u enter/leave the region.

It wouldn't require opti/dej to code anything as we'd just need to set up a region inside the arena and turn on the pvp flag then people could fight to their hearts content.

If we're feeling creative could even get a plugin such as
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldguard-keep-inventory-flags/
Which is an open source extension for world guard that gives you region flags to make items or xp persist on death, so no one would have to worry about losing stuff if they stumble in and die

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:04:34 pm by tiggy26668 »
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Morrison1996

• Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2013, 01:57:32 pm »
Reviving this topic to stop further topics of pvp.
Current status of PvP: On hold

Please leave any suggestions on what you would like for pvp incase we ever reactivate the project.

death

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 02:54:29 am »
i think we should build a pvp arena you could pay to get in like 10 a ticket and i would be more then happy to help build a pvp arena

deathiswating
regards from death

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 04:46:27 am »
Nick already tried world guarding an area for pvp; it didn't work. (probably because so many plugins handle pvp)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:51 am »
Nick already tried world guarding an area for pvp; it didn't work. (probably because so many plugins handle pvp)

Well if nick would be so kind as to give us info on why it didn't work, maybe we can find a solution.

Morrison1996

• Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »
From what I remember, we already have the arena built we just need the correct plugins.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:52 pm »

Well if nick would be so kind as to give us info on why it didn't work, maybe we can find a solution.
Well tiggy, i tried it and it didnt work. That's all i know lol, it doesn't give you a reason it just doesnt work.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:45 am »

Well tiggy, i tried it and it didnt work. That's all i know lol, it doesn't give you a reason it just doesnt work.

well you guys weren't exactly clear...... so you just can't pvp wen u turn on the pvp flag or is it an issue with something else?.... cuz if it's the pvp flag more than likely it's a conflict with global params.. or you tried to set the pvp flag to true/false wen you gotta set it to allow =P

*edit*
did some googling.... if pvp is set to false in the server properties than the flags wont work.if you can't get to it, should have opti check if it's true/false n set it to true if not. then you use worldguard to set a global flag

/region flag __global__ pvp deny

then do this on the arena

/region flag <name> pvp allow

i believe that would solve the issue, otherwise it'd b a conflict with another plugin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:51:26 am by tiggy26668 »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2013, 01:23:41 am »
That's pretty much what I said, summed up into 1 sentence.

(probably because so many plugins handle pvp)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:42 pm »
That's pretty much what I said, summed up into 1 sentence.

(probably because so many plugins handle pvp)

Actually there's not that many that handle pvp... At least here anyway...
On this server the ones that come to mind are
Vanilla minecraft (game itself)
World guard
Precious stones ("should" only effect ps fields)

I'd have to check the list again cuz it's been a while but those would seem to be the main culprits

N while ur 1 liner may be a good summary it doesn't really help to solve the problem...

It would seem the most likely problem would be a conflict with the server properties since, I'd assume, opti would've set pvp to false since we've never had pvp on the server... And if that's set to false it would override all the plugins, so the first step to solving the problem would b wat I said in my last post

course nick might've tried that already in which case ill keep looking into other solutions, however if he didn't, then that's wat we should try first....

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »
Well, to prevent PVP in all areas except for certain areas would actually require that the entire world be set with a region that blocked PVP. This is a problem because that region would override any inner regions (such as PS regions) which would allow PVP.

Two solutions:

Make a single world that is PVP enabled, but don't make it nearly as large as the normal guest and member worlds. Just make sure there is a safe zone, and that users get text saying they are entering a pvp world when they warp to the world.

or

Recode the plugins to change the order of which regions are checked on each pvp-type event raised by the server. Pretty much the pvp-event (idk what the object type for a player fighting event is) would need to start off having it's cancelled setting to true. Then a specific order for how each is checked would need to be put in place. It would be tricky. I'd recommend option 1.

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2013, 12:26:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

server.properties, Essentials, World Guard, Precious stones. More than enough plugins to conflict for the World Guard pvp region not to work. And you're right, optical would have to go into the 3 other files (excluding World Guard) and enable pvp, then the flag would work.

If you can get optical to do that, knock yourself out.