May 26, 2024, 07:59:08 am

Author Topic: Thinking about making a PvP post? Read this.  (Read 37693 times)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Re: Thinking about making a PvP post read this.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 06:41:07 am »
Noonoonononnononoonono.
PVP should NOT be added onto this server. maybe create a seperate server with "pvp.opticraft.net"
The servers address states "SMP" which is survival-multiplayer.
If they do add pvp, please make it an arena or something. I DONT LIKE PVP.
Thanks  :D

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 12:00:22 pm »
Noonoonononnononoonono.
PVP should NOT be added onto this server. maybe create a seperate server with "pvp.opticraft.net"
+1
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2012, 12:22:39 pm »
Noonoonononnononoonono.
+1
Are you serious?! have you honestly not read anything in this thread? Use your bloody grey matter.
You can choose to play PvP on the server. Your not forced to dig a 1x2 hole and hide in it all the time, because your not forced to play PvP. The current worlds won't be affected by PvP in any way. There will be separate worlds for the PvP games.

Really, if you don't like the change, then that's fine. Just don't play PvP on the server, stick to survival if you like.
PvP is gonna be here for people that want some fun and change on the server. Alright?

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »
Can you not just make a new world like the member world but then "PvP World " then you can PvP like a real PvP server ?
Then you can bring armor + sword + other stuff to PvP in the new world
But i dont know if the memberworld was hard to make :S

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:39 pm »
We have looked into this and found what brings in the most crowds is short PvP maps rather then the normal bukkit server of PvP survival.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 09:05:34 am »
Can you not just make a new world like the member world but then "PvP World " then you can PvP like a real PvP server ?
Then you can bring armor + sword + other stuff to PvP in the new world
But i dont know if the memberworld was hard to make :S

This is the easy annoying way out. the "Real pvp" servers you talk about suck. You cant walk out of spawn without an overpowered and hacked player killing you, ours will be more match based, almost like a hunger games server but with different modes. Hunger games servers are fun to play on because its kept short and to the point. Also imagine how many complaints noobies would have when they lose their diamond armor to someone.... god no lol

SpiderHunterMD

• Hunting Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »
 8)  I have a PVP Idea  like a hunger games thing or A Pvp touderment

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 06:27:53 pm »
We are working on PvP at the moment, we aren't doing hunger games, but they will be match based.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 06:41:24 pm »
The arena will most likely have its own world. It'll be a fairly small map, so it won't take up as much resources.

Also, the PvP arena will, most likely, have a custom plugin. All the plug-n-play crap really isn't that necessary-- the normal plugins are either heavily coded or they have hidden backdoors in the code (neither of which do we like).

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »
The arena will most likely have its own world. It'll be a fairly small map, so it won't take up as much resources.

Actually what Cschurz was saying is that the worlds wont even exist until the players are queued for the match, after which the world deletes itself. The matches will be fairly short and there will be different game modes, CTF, deathmatch and such

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 09:09:17 pm »
Actually what Cschurz was saying is that the worlds wont even exist until the players are queued for the match, after which the world deletes itself. The matches will be fairly short and there will be different game modes, CTF, deathmatch and such

Hmm... That'll be interesting how all that plays out

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:28 pm »
I have an idea for pvp. Every week 24 players are picked from the server and have to fight to the death in a arena and if they survive they could win something. Yes I have sorta knicked this off hunger games :). You could also go view them fighting in some secret stands that they can not see in the arena and you could sponsor them such as give them items.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:43:15 pm by Lema »

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 02:06:05 pm »
I have an idea for pvp. Every week 24 players are picked from the server and have to fight to the death in a arena and if they survive they could win something. Yes I have sorta knicked this off hunger games :). You could also go view them fighting in some secret stands that they can not see in the arena and you could sponsor them such as give them items.
Well, thats basically what the hunger games really is.

Also, for PvP, This is just a suggestion, but in most pvp matches, there are classes which they use to rank up in the arena. Then, once they get better and better, they can join an arena with higher ranks, so it's not unfair for anyone. And the same thing for other fighting classes.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

KillAndSurf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 01:16:22 am »
Will you be able to use your own items, or will default items be given to you? Also will you drop items when you die? Lastly will there be a leaderboard of such where you can see rankings? Please answer my questions im trying to get ready for PvP.  :D

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:47 am »
Will you be able to use your own items, or will default items be given to you? Also will you drop items when you die? Lastly will there be a leaderboard of such where you can see rankings? Please answer my questions im trying to get ready for PvP.  :D

I don't like being able to bring your items, because then killandsurf will win everygame with protection IX full diamond armor!  :P