June 16, 2024, 05:45:07 pm

Author Topic: About the future emeralds...  (Read 1836 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
About the future emeralds...
« on: July 12, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »
So when 1.3 comes out, will there be a way for the emeralds to be added to the world? Since the current map is not 1.3 it doesn't seem likely that emeralds will automatically be added to the map so what's going to happen there?

Best griefer name ^

ogMolton

• View Profile
Re: About the future emeralds...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15:44 pm »
I heard that when you dig minecraft and make new tunnels it is basically spawining new earth, it sounded like the mines that are already there won't contain emerald but if you dig out into a new area you might find it.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »
I heard that when you dig minecraft and make new tunnels it is basically spawining new earth, it sounded like the mines that are already there won't contain emerald but if you dig out into a new area you might find it.
Thats not how it works at all, chunks are generated when u visit an area, chunks go from bedrock to skylimit, which means everything that u see is already generated. Now there has been talk of somehow implementing them into old worlds, but i doubt thatll happen. Besides you're not supposed to mine them, thats not the point lol, theyre so rare its kinda pointless to look for them, villager trading is much easier and less time consuming

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:53:30 pm »
Emeralds will be achieved by trading with villagers.

---><--- Click the monkey

bobbarkee

• What i do all day everyday!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 09:27:40 am »
well in minecraft snap shot 12w27a emeralds are easy to find and aren't very rare as long as your in the extreme hills and around 32 and bellow you can find them very quickly. faster than diamonds. not as many in a vein but still faster.