May 23, 2024, 05:36:46 am

Author Topic: The i have been "hacked" ban appeal (Inportant read)  (Read 2729 times)

ScottishChamp

• Only Scottish Moderator?
    • View Profile
The i have been "hacked" ban appeal (Inportant read)
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:57:20 pm »
Well hi guys i have just noticed something very big and i feel mods + need to read this. I see in some ban appeals that people have said "i have been hacked".But when i have logged in to my 2 other computers and into scottishchamp all of my multiplayer servers and texture packs and single player worlds are gone so i find that the people saying i have been hacked are lieing because the person who "hacked them" must of knew the server ip that they played on.what i am trying to say is that i would not always think of unbanning them if they say i have been hacked.You can try yourself if you have a spare computer i just wanted to put that out there and sorry i would not know the correct place to post this but thanks for reading scottishchamp.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: The i have been "hacked" ban appeal (Inportant read)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:11 am »
I feel we should post a topic on the ban appeals and sticky it.

"Before posting an appeal, read this" or "Excuse won't work"

So a couple of excuses to look for are:

My brother griefed!
I was hacked!
I do not remember griefing him.
And the worst of all...
I didn't do anything!

Also, I saw this in an appeal, do not ask to clear your ban record. Just, just...don't. We don't even need an explanation.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:04 am »
Wait...are you saying if you go onto another computer all your texture packs and multiplayer servers are gone, but on your computer it's ok? If so, then:

The minecraft.jar holds all your texture packs, mods and multiplayer servers. If you haven't downloaded the stuff on the other computers, then it won't be there because minecraft.jars don't be other minecraft.jars (if that makes sence... >.<)

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 10:35:02 am »
Wait...are you saying if you go onto another computer all your texture packs and multiplayer servers are gone, but on your computer it's ok?

Yes, If log onto another computer and onto your account, Everything will be gone. Like Servers, Texture packs, Screen Shots, Etc. But its still saved on the old computer you played with. This is because when you start Minecraft on a new computer or different, it will create a brand new Minecraft folder, It wont transfer everything that you had. Thus, You will have a brand new minecraft and you have to install everything again.

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 02:06:56 pm »
Scottish has a point all the data like server and texture pack will only be saved on your computer so unless they stole your computer or knew you played on opticraft then that is impossible.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 05:42:23 pm »
The minecraft.jar holds all your texture packs, mods and multiplayer servers. If you haven't downloaded the stuff on the other computers, then it won't be there because minecraft.jars don't be other minecraft.jars (if that makes sence... >.<)

This is actually 100% wrong...  Those things are only in the minecraft.jar if you personally installed them into your minecraft.jar, otherwise they are in their respective folders where they should be.  Still, this stuff doesn't go with you to another computer...

...As for the initial topic.  People don't get unbanned if they say their account was "hacked", or their brother/friend griefed, or anything like that.  Well, they shouldn't be getting unbanned.  Those are clearly listed as non-acceptable excuses, as pointed out in the topic Xeadin posted.  You are responsible for your own account, regardless of what happens with it.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »
Huuuur duuurrr derp herp derpy derr huuuuuuur.
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,11021.0.html

---><--- Click the monkey

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 02:16:18 am »
Huuuur duuurrr derp herp derpy derr huuuuuuur.
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,11021.0.html

Hurr derpyhurrr deerrrruuuuurrr

Anyways, it is going to just be a straight out list because some people don't read all that stuff Xeadin was so kind to put blood sweat and effort into.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.