May 02, 2024, 12:32:55 pm

Author Topic: A Bank  (Read 11607 times)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: A Bank
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 11:10:01 am »
I dotn believe this is an issue.
When you enter a game, you learn things within some time.
The new players, won't come in the server for the bank's profits. The bank is a secondary thing that if you handle well, you can get benefited.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »
Actually, reading the ORIGINAL post it looks like a way to circumvent market selling.  If I PURCHASE $500 worth of stone at $250 a stack, I get 2 stacks.  Now according to the post I can put that 2 stacks in the bank and get my $500 back.  If I were to sell those back to the market I would only get like $50.  So what stops people from just putting stuff in the bank and never going back to get it?

Original idea = fail...  I didn't read the rest of them.  My opinion is still that there's no need for a bank.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:11:00 pm by Spamarian »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 07:11:36 pm »
Original idea = fail...  I didn't read the rest of them.  My opinion is still that there's no need for a bank.

Then read my idea, which is stated on the other page, and let me know what you think.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 08:05:50 pm »

Then read my idea, which is stated on the other page, and let me know what you think.

It's an interesting idea.  There are a few things you need to ask yourself though.

- How useful will it be?
- How many will actually use it beyond the "novelty" phase?
- How much effort will it take to design, program, implement, and maintain?
- Is it something the server actually needs?

I agree that it might be a good feature that a few might use, if you look server-wide it's really not something that's needed.  That's just my opinion though.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:56 pm »
spamarian's idea is pretty cool, but as viper noted, it would be difficult to implement in a satisfying way and it wouldn't immediately affect most people on the server. right now i believe the "next big opticraft project" focus needs to shift to something needed on the server to keep players entertained and to break the norm of survival.

but your idea is definitely something to keep in the back of the mind mr. spamarian.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »
right now i believe the "next big opticraft project" focus needs to shift to something needed on the server to keep players entertained and to break the norm of survival.

Randomly spawned zombie hordes on the surface... LET THE APOCALYPSE BEGIN!!!   :P
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

KCB38

• Grammar Nazi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 06:28:40 am »
Or a mob/pvp arena.... If done correctly, the mob arena could be very entertaining

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:14 am »
Or a mob/pvp arena.... If done correctly, the mob arena could be very entertaining

There is one. B1ueJ0ker has one in his castle. Ask him for entrance. Note: DOn't go alone.

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 12:50:51 pm »
It would be interesting if the money was a block or item. I know in a minecraft-related game on the xbox, gold ingots are the money, and if you die, u lose ALL of the money you have on you. The money is able to be stored in chests, but there are no banks, you keep your own money, PERIOD. Now that, that would be interesting.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:26 am »
If u really want a bank I have one in my town.....the only thing special about it is that u can deposit money and it'll grow over time. Tho u have to give it to me and I'll keep track of it. Your choise.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 05:18:21 am »
I think what he is getting at is have 2 balances. One that is /bal the other /bank. So that the money you put into your /bank would generate interest and would not be accessable until you withdrawal it.

I Have always like this in games... Keeps me from thinking that I have unlimited cash. I also do this IRL to keep myself within budget on curtain purchases I make.

For example your

" Your Balance Currently has $10,000 dollars." - /bal
"Your Bank acount is currently at $300,000 gaining 3% intrest every 3 days. Would you like to withdraw or deposit money into your acount? Type /Bank w-To withdraw, Type /Bank d- To deposit"- /bank

This could probly be done by adding in a simple calculator that updates as you deposit or after 3 days has gone by.

Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:29 pm »
Will the bank have fee's like they do in real life? :P All kidding aside I believe implementing a bank into the game would be a step in the wrong direction.

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 09:29:17 pm »
Kinda pointless

lethalpotatoe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »
i think banks would be pointless

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 11:32:49 pm »
I have a great idea. When you die, you lose 50% of money. Putting money in the bank, you get interest and can also go into debt, where the bank steals your house if you wait too long. You can also buy a safe (multible large chests) for a cost per week.