May 29, 2024, 01:18:48 am

Author Topic: IDK how to get Mumble  (Read 2458 times)

Coolncreamy :)

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
IDK how to get Mumble
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »
I don't know how to get mumble.
Please post a comment telling me what to do.
Do i need a head set with a mike and earphones?
PS I have a windows 7 computer.

-Creamy

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
Re: IDK how to get Mumble
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 02:57:05 pm »
1st of all, Windows 7 is not a computer, it's an operating system. But if you are looking to get mumble, you can go to the mumble home page and click the banner off to the right that says "Mumble Client 1.2.3a", and it should open a mini window. On this mini window, it shows the options of mumble where you can get a skin(it should say "with Mumble.com Skin" underneath it), and where you can't get a skin. I recommend the skin allowing one if you like personalizing stuff, but if you don't, you can go ahead and click the bottom one. After that it should download the ile onto you computer. If you are not using Google Chrome, go down into your windows search bar in the start menu, and search "Downloads". Click on the one with the translucent looking folder icon, and select mumble-1.2.3a_plus_MumbleComSkin.exe if you downloaded the one with the skin, but if you didn't, it should just be mumble-1.2.3a.exe. When you locate either one of those files, double click on it and it will run you through the steps and install mumble on your computer. If you are using Google Chrome, all you need to do is go down to the downloads bar and run the file and you should be all set.

As to your questions about the headset, you will only need it if your computer does not have a built in microphone. Most computers do, so you should be good to go, but if not, you will indeed need a headset with a mike.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:23:15 pm »
Also, please select push-to-talk when you join mumble. It just helps

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »
There's an iPad/pod app for mumble that I use. It works quite well except it crashes sometimes when you start.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 01:22:55 am »
i mumble noob but do i need a head set with a mike?

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 12:39:10 am »
1 problem.  When i tried to download it it said,
"error opening file for writing: 'C:\Program Files\Mumble\prereq\mumble-1.2.3a.msi'"
Oh well im confused

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:42:29 am »
i mumble noob but do i need a head set with a mike?

You don't need a headset with mic, you can do fine with just headphones, and if you don't have a mic you can just use text chat.