May 28, 2024, 05:13:54 pm

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 79786 times)

ScottishChamp

• Only Scottish Moderator?
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2012, 10:30:28 pm »
I Have already posted on this but i have had a thought of it and here it is: WE DON'T NEED THE FARMS!! Yeah guys honestly we have survived already with out farms...it just causes the server lag which honestly we don't want surely??I am fine for the pumkins and melons going away i know alot of people will be angry at me for this but no one likes lag guys and this reduces lag! thanks for your time
-Scottishchamp

angus100

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »
Go ahead and ban everything while you are at it

You have to understand, it's for the good of the server. If it means getting more processing power directed towards other more important things, then you should support getting rid of another weight off the servers back.
It is a bit of a shame because I have just made some auto farms that cost alot and it's making it alot harder for new players to
Make money that's how I started now there only option is pretty much mining but if it does lagg the server then well I guess it's the right disision :)

zan4

• HTML <p> i am //epicness </p>
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2012, 10:37:39 pm »
that is a concern, making opticraft the ugliest server, that is why i am making a sky city, thay is beside the point, as soon as the ores on the world are depleted, the server will be ruined, and people will be living in a world where you have to mine nether rack and dirt to get money.
 if any one has an idea, i am open

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:58 am »
I agree with what alot of people are saying, i would just like the price lowered like melons 150 and pumpkins 100. That would be more appropriate then just getting rid of them. If they do go away, alot of people will be mad and the only other way to make money is to mine and sell your 2 stacks of 64 cobblestone for 15$ a stack and that lucky iron ingot for fifty. So i feel that just decreasing the price would be better. :)
Then people just make bigger farms, which would NOT resolve the probelem, but make it worse.
For more, scroll back a bit and read cschurz's post.

SkyrimFUS_RO_DA

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2012, 12:52:58 am »
I Have already posted on this but i have had a thought of it and here it is: WE DON'T NEED THE FARMS!! Yeah guys honestly we have survived already with out farms...it just causes the server lag which honestly we don't want surely??I am fine for the pumkins and melons going away i know alot of people will be angry at me for this but no one likes lag guys and this reduces lag! thanks for your time
-Scottishchamp

Really, its the Auto Farms that cause the lag. But thats a whole other problem.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2012, 02:07:26 am »
Yeah I have stopped selling my melons and stopped selling a lot of things really, simply because, the only things you can only obtain with money are, probably very rare items and without crazy amounts of money in circulation, maybe they won't be 3000 a stack. And I was being sarcastic when I had said, go ahead and ban everything while you're at it. I understand that if we don't ban these auto farms, then  we might even end up as laggy as another server whose name I will not advertise by way of speaking bad about them. Plus, these farms don't look very pretty either.  And along the lines of what Skyrim mentioned, surface mining and making quarries looks pretty bad unless you intend to build there. And guys, mining under the ocean isn't a bad idea. And if you are going to completely destroy a mountain, do opticraft  a favor and cover the stone places with dirt, got at least make it look natural, I mean I don't see a problem in making  a grassland with turquoise-ish grass, and building up instead of out is my last suggestion. And do you really need to buy that stuff that is 3k? Cracked stone bricks, why not just regular bricks, and moss bricks, maybe, and those weird square bricks? These are just for aesthetics and sure you can if you have the money but if people aren't getting tons of money from the afk pumpkin farms, as I have said before, the market won't be such a rip off, and we might even get it to where the deflation will cause prices to drop, maybe as low as 50 percent. Just putting my ideas out there.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

kayfax

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:19 pm »
I support the removal of melon/pumpkin sales, 100%.

As an owner of both a melon and pumpkin farm (both automated), I've made almost all my income from them, after working very hard.

I don't mind if I worked hard to make something which will now be useless. I worked hard because it was fun, and it was fun because I worked hard. To me, the value in my farm construction was the enjoyment I got out of knowing I was doing something efficiently and optimally _at the time_.

I actually think one permanent/fixed path towards financial optimality in any game would be boring. It was about time the economy changed.

If the owners of this server want us to be easier on their server, I support them 100%, AND I thank them for providing this server to players _for free_. Without them, I would have been bored instead of making melon/pumpkin farms. I know I haven't bothered to buy a machine capable of hosting such a community, and I know they work very hard to provide a good experience for us.

On the other hand, if the owners of this server tell us the only way to make money to buy protection stones is to make our characters jump 1000000 times and then place and remove a cobblestone block 2000000 times, I will stop playing here and start playing on one of the many mmorpgs on my laptop, with tears leaking out of my eyes for the good old days when I actually had fun gaming. Of course, I don't expect anyone to set up such stupid rules. Not in the minecraft community, at least.

The changes to the economy should lead to fun gameplay. I like the 'selling meat' idea because I can't imagine a server intensive way to produce large quantities of meats, but I suspect it would only be a matter of time before someone set up a giant collection of egg filled dispensers which fired chickens into an area which could be converted into either an egg collection pit or a chicken slaughterhouse. If meat were to be profitable, that would actually be the first thing I would do. Not because I want to screw with the server or create lag, but because it would be fun to chase down the (unfortunately) best business model in game.

Anyway, I am not the owner of this server so I have no right to define how the economy is set up or how the economy molds the player base to behave. Also, the owners of this server have no reason to expect me to keep playing on opticraft if their game is no longer fun to play in.

Good luck with whatever your server ends up becoming guys, and thanks for all the fun so far :) I've met awesome people here and part of my life was very fun because of opticraft, so kudos to you.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2012, 12:00:55 am »
I support the removal of melon/pumpkin sales, 100%.

As an owner of both a melon and pumpkin farm (both automated), I've made almost all my income from them, after working very hard.

I don't mind if I worked hard to make something which will now be useless. I worked hard because it was fun, and it was fun because I worked hard. To me, the value in my farm construction was the enjoyment I got out of knowing I was doing something efficiently and optimally _at the time_.

I actually think one permanent/fixed path towards financial optimality in any game would be boring. It was about time the economy changed.

If the owners of this server want us to be easier on their server, I support them 100%, AND I thank them for providing this server to players _for free_. Without them, I would have been bored instead of making melon/pumpkin farms. I know I haven't bothered to buy a machine capable of hosting such a community, and I know they work very hard to provide a good experience for us.

On the other hand, if the owners of this server tell us the only way to make money to buy protection stones is to make our characters jump 1000000 times and then place and remove a cobblestone block 2000000 times, I will stop playing here and start playing on one of the many mmorpgs on my laptop, with tears leaking out of my eyes for the good old days when I actually had fun gaming. Of course, I don't expect anyone to set up such stupid rules. Not in the minecraft community, at least.

The changes to the economy should lead to fun gameplay. I like the 'selling meat' idea because I can't imagine a server intensive way to produce large quantities of meats, but I suspect it would only be a matter of time before someone set up a giant collection of egg filled dispensers which fired chickens into an area which could be converted into either an egg collection pit or a chicken slaughterhouse. If meat were to be profitable, that would actually be the first thing I would do. Not because I want to screw with the server or create lag, but because it would be fun to chase down the (unfortunately) best business model in game.

Anyway, I am not the owner of this server so I have no right to define how the economy is set up or how the economy molds the player base to behave. Also, the owners of this server have no reason to expect me to keep playing on opticraft if their game is no longer fun to play in.

Good luck with whatever your server ends up becoming guys, and thanks for all the fun so far :) I've met awesome people here and part of my life was very fun because of opticraft, so kudos to you.

Amen
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:53 am »
I won't be demolishing my farm anyway cause I use it for materials not money.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

SkyrimFUS_RO_DA

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2012, 07:09:31 am »
Might I ask, how will the new guests earn money? With mere stone tools for mining with, mining isn't a good option for them and voting won't be enough for them to get a good set of diamond tools. (This question is not intended to defend or back my earlier posts or posts that are Anti-removal)

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2012, 02:04:58 pm »
Might I ask, how will the new guests earn money? With mere stone tools for mining with, mining isn't a good option for them and voting won't be enough for them to get a good set of diamond tools. (This question is not intended to defend or back my earlier posts or posts that are Anti-removal)

voting on each site once is enough for a diamond pick which can easily last until the next voting period.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2012, 03:03:54 pm »
I would like to mention that, while this is most likely a great fix for balancing the economy, it doesn't appear to have made the server lag any less. Maybe the players who own farms are still using them just to generate a large pumpkin/melon supply? idk what's going on with that, but as far as lag, it doesn't appear to have fixed it (so far).

Best griefer name ^

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 04, 2012, 05:33:37 pm »
Well the lag isn't the only problem for as you see the market prices are a total ripoff, I mean you have to sell 10 stacks of cobblestone to earn one stack of coal and more stacks for even one iron ingot, with less people swimming in diamond block swimming pools, then it won't cost 2000$ to buy a stack of end stone. With the melons and pumpkins no longer able to sell, then hopefully optical, nick, alicia , tobs and other operators will be able to discuss a way to cut prices in the market, for there will be far less money in circulation.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 04, 2012, 07:38:46 pm »
for there will be far less money in circulation.
This never actually matters since the amount of money in the market is infinite

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »
for there will be far less money in circulation.
This never actually matters since the amount of money in the market is infinite

When I say that there will be far less money in circulation I mean that the players will generally be poorer
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)