May 10, 2024, 03:48:22 pm

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 79087 times)

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »
Go ahead and ban everything while you are at it

You have to understand, it's for the good of the server. If it means getting more processing power directed towards other more important things, then you should support getting rid of another weight off the servers back.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2012, 01:06:53 am »
We're only banning whats needed to get you to stop using those ridiculous, laggy melon farms. Is it really that bad that theyre being removed? Or is automatic farms really the ONLY way you can play?

Well now I understand your point. That is truly a great idea
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2012, 01:17:21 am »
Is melon farm contributing the most lag, and is it contributing the ONLY lag?

There is a reason why SMP servers require more processing speed than classic, as SMP has all the other stuff which needs more processing speed then classic(redstone pistons spawners).. So If u want the least lag, don't play SMP and play classic.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:20:31 am by D00MKNlGHT »
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2012, 01:42:53 am »
If this is to go ahead it should take Action right away, Now people will spam melon farms for hours while out etc.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2012, 04:21:52 am »
I think that melons farms, due to their contribution in lag spikes, should either be outlawed, or set to a maximum size hxwxl  and only to be set off one at a time, and if you make one that's too big, or set them off not one at a time, then they will be banned or kicked indefinitely. I as well as most others cannot stand the crashing whenever someone wants to "earn" extra money because they just have to be ark for 15 minutes and then bam 12000 comes rolling in. I love playing on this server and I would really hate to see it become crazy lagging for everyone like obsidiancrap  >:(
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:10 am »
would it be possible to make pistons to go through melons and punkins? like coding or a plugin?
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:59 am »
Well, is there a better way to remove the problem without removing the selling of pumpkins/melons? I am on both sides: on removing because it is unfair in a way  ??? ; in keeping for my own purposes :-\ and really, what am I going to do with stacks of melons/pumpkins?

I am on both sides here!
Edit: Actually, If they get removed, I'll put them in my free items/donation chest :). Dunno why I didn't think of that in the first place XD.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:09:23 am by SonicHogSpeed »

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05:48 am »
Money isn't everything on this server.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:29 am »
Well, is there a better way to remove the problem without removing the selling of pumpkins/melons? I am on both sides: on removing because it is unfair in a way  ??? ; in keeping for my own purposes :-\ and really, what am I going to do with stacks of melons/pumpkins?

I am on both sides here!
Use melons to eat, as for pumpkins, you can use them to build.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2012, 08:08:49 am »
or lights underwater..... or nothing lol

Sekihara

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 01, 2012, 08:10:02 am »
Well, is there a better way to remove the problem without removing the selling of pumpkins/melons? I am on both sides: on removing because it is unfair in a way  ??? ; in keeping for my own purposes :-\ and really, what am I going to do with stacks of melons/pumpkins?

Make an awesome melon house with pumpkin doorways and roof?

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2012, 08:28:29 am »
would it be possible to make pistons to go through melons and punkins? like coding or a plugin?

Already Suggested...

Qu1cks1lva

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »
I believe the issue here is basically caused by the high cost of protection. You need money to have more than the basic 11X11 field and diamond PS are by the far the most expensive items on the server. IMO this is a key reason why players to do what they can to get the huge sums required.

On another server I played on the problem was avoided by:

1) giving each registered member a few 75X75 areas with the option to buy a very limited additional amount over time. The protection area also went from bedrock to skylimit so this also gave players a protected source of income through mining as well as farming. This way survival was about the challenges of the server, not dealing with griefing of unprotected areas.

2) having a market that was player driven - it was mostly stalls with chests to buy/sell stuff from other players. Admin shops were limited to services, e.g. licences or a few very rare items. Basically other players provided what you need to survive, not the admin shops. There was no way of "selling to the sink"

3) using a naturally scarce in game item as currency - in this case gold. You either dug it up yourself, got it from voting or by selling something other players wanted - fortunes were measured in 100s of gold ingots not millions of dollars.

As a result the server was much more survival focused, and the need to raise cash for protection did not distort gameplay as IMO it does here

Q
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 01:54:01 pm by Qu1cks1lva »

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »
You  can also use pumpkins for snow golems and sell them to people
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)

SkyrimFUS_RO_DA

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »
Here's my approach. I understand the reasons for removing Melons and Pumpkins from market. Even so, I think its not the BEST idea to prevent very easy ways of earning money.
     PROS FOR REMOVAL
-It will prevent afk income, making Opticraft a server where you must work harder to gain.
-It should get people more into the main objective of this game. MINING.

CONS FOR REMOVAL
Although it encourages mining. Most of us know that some people have interesting Mining habits such as; Digging tunnels everywhere, building small rest stations or homes underground in certain areas that have lots of loot, or DEFACING entire mountainsides. This usually isn't pretty to see, and it prevents building in desirable locations. Soon ALL of Opticraft will look exactly like the ground of almost all of the Towny Warps (/warp southtown, northtown, etc.) Personally I wouldn't like to see Opticraft in such a state that people have to walk FAR OUT to find and untouched chunk of land. Lastly, by encouraging mining, with the tons of people on this server soon there will be very little valuable ORES left for other people. Keep in mind that this all wont happen instantly. It'll definitely happen over time.

That is my case.