May 15, 2024, 05:31:27 am

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 79154 times)

theacp127

• I'm trusted. Trust me. Opticraft does.
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2012, 01:46:25 am »
I would like to know. What's so bad about people getting money from pumpkins and melons? For me its a easier way to get more materials to build with. I feel that this will cause many people to leave because it will take to long to get money other ways now, and they dont' want to take the time to do it. Some people have mentioned that they will resort to mining everything and selling it. This will ruin the Opticraft landscape. I wouldn't want to play and a server that is completely dug up. Could we survive without the ability to get money quickly? The answer is yes, buy many people won't want to do. I really don't see what will be accomplished by getting rid of that privilege.   :-\

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2012, 02:15:36 am »
I would like to know. What's so bad about people getting money from pumpkins and melons? For me its a easier way to get more materials to build with. I feel that this will cause many people to leave because it will take to long to get money other ways now, and they dont' want to take the time to do it. Some people have mentioned that they will resort to mining everything and selling it. This will ruin the Opticraft landscape. I wouldn't want to play and a server that is completely dug up. Could we survive without the ability to get money quickly? The answer is yes, buy many people won't want to do. I really don't see what will be accomplished by getting rid of that privilege.   :-\
It will even it out for the players who dont want to spend hours afking to get money.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2012, 02:40:07 am »
that is how i make my money my option is that is should stay

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:23 am »
Well I admit, the idea of taking away all of the melons and pumpkins is a good idea as far as balancing out the economy, and reducing cpu usage, but there is also the downside stated above that this could also result in the loss of the beautiful opticraft landscape. Now perhaps there could be a plugin written to reset parts of the landscape, but really in the end there might have to be a world reset every so often (look at the ENTIRE guest world for example, and I wouldn't want to lose my hours of hard work to a map reset :/). Nevertheless, that is a very real possibility.

Alternative idea to banning the ability to sell melons and pumpkins (Don't flame me unless you read the entire text in the spoiler):
(click to show/hide)

Implementation of banning redstone farms (if you read the full text of the previous spoiler):
(click to show/hide)

Best griefer name ^

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2012, 04:19:08 am »
let's just go ahead and ban redstone completely.

one of the best features of the new world is that we can literally regenerate any part of the terrain now.

it will not become as bad as the guest world simply given the fact that we can automagically regenerate landscape. (until the world generator algorithm changes in a new minecraft patch, which doesn't happen each patch)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:11 am »
Let's ban mobs too, as too many mobs=lag... If u banned redstone, and everything that causes lag, this has turned to OPTICRAFT CLASSIC SERVER =.=
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2012, 05:47:23 am »
Let's ban mobs too, as too many mobs=lag... If u banned redstone, and everything that causes lag, this has turned to OPTICRAFT CLASSIC SERVER =.=

I don't like classic...

Redstone is fine, as long as it isn't some huge contraption.

KILL THE CHICKEN FARMS MWHAHHAA... chickens cause too much lag. They need to be removed. Not banned, just decreased in size/numbers.
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2012, 05:55:15 am »
Well the idea is to make everyone actually work for their pumpkins instead of AFKing while the autofarms do the work.

Best griefer name ^

roblox

• iv been on this server for a month
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »
a better way of making money is by making a tree farm and sell the woodenplanks its $200 for 64 wood. and a sugetion can you put wheat on the market pliz?

ragequiter13

• thatsssssss a nice everything you've got there
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
ima say one thing, I.D.K. people, its only mellons, sell iron and gold, its called minecraft isnt it.

EDIT: I.D.C.****
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:01:46 am by ragequiter13 »

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:15 pm »
Everyone is now finding other ways to make money... This will never end... If players are so obsessed with making money we can better remove Pistons. And don't be mad at me, but to the guys we are obsessed with making money. I know it is used for decoration but if it possible we can keep the Pistons that are already placed. Or we can simply let a Mods+ or OPs+ remove money making machines. That would be easier.
Now I need to get over the hate comments!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2012, 04:19:42 pm »
Idea, maybe we can add a ticket systme that u get from melons and punkins only, but with the tickets you can only buy protection stone, and still use normal cash to but tickets only work on protection stones. Because masove farms 90%of the time are to make enough money for protecton stones

-bubblekiller
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

prinkey00

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:16 pm »

Are you being serious? Please don't. I like making things with redstone that are completely unrelated to making money in anyway whatsoever.

Victor1261

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:16 pm »

Are you being serious? Please don't. I like making things with redstone that are completely unrelated to making money in anyway whatsoever.

Says the richest person on the server who says he ONLY SOLD 2 STACKS OF MELONS.  :P

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2012, 10:58:03 pm »
Well what is to be will be  :-[