June 11, 2024, 12:54:09 pm

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 80845 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2012, 06:53:08 pm »
neverending wall of text

I have the possible solution:
http://blocktopia.net/wiki/SMP_Plugins#ChestShop

In fact, if someone could get me pointed in the right direction for coding smp plugins I MIGHT be able to make a draft of a player shop script. Note that I say that I MIGHT be able to. I've never coded a server plugin before so yeah :/
We have talked about this quite a bit, but we want to implement it in such a way that we dont end up like lostcraft (signs EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!) Now that the member world is out we can focus more energy on stuff like this.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2012, 06:55:35 pm »
This would be a good idea when i had a shop i spent more time looking for supplys and not selling stuff so it would be cool and be able to sell without being at the building

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »
Perhaps you all should hold off on taking the melons and pumpkins away until there's a replacement solution implemented. If you all intend to make meat sellable then don't take melons and pumpkins away until the meat is sellable basically. Same goes with whatever idea you all have to replace melons and pumpkins.

Best griefer name ^

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2012, 07:00:57 pm »
Regardless of what you say the melons and pumpkins are going to removed in a week. We're not going to hold it off so you can look for another way to make money. You'll live a few weeks without a shitload of money, trust me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 07:05:20 pm »
Well it's not so we can look for a way to earn a shitload of money. I mean lets get rid of melons and pumpkins when something else has been implemented. Technically I could look for a new way to earn money and be independent of melons and pumpkins by the time they are removed (trust me I definitely could find something).

Idk why you all have to reply so angrily at those of us who are giving suggestions...

Best griefer name ^

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »
Then do that. I'm sorry, and your suggestions are appreciated, but they are still going to be removed.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2012, 07:12:26 pm »
I'm no longer saying that melons and pumpkins shouldn't be removed, but personally I think it would be a good idea to get a new system in place such as being able to sell meat at least by the time the day comes to remove melons in a week.

I mean with meat the player must be present to mate the animal with wheat (which also has to be manually grown although harvesting isn't necessarily manual labor in some cases), then you must be present to slay each and every mob that you intend to not mate again to get the meat. And perhaps bread which has to be manually crafted out of wheat which has to be planted for each growth could be sell-able. I as well as many other players would greatly appreciate something like that being in the market in place of the melons, and I'd be willing to help you all as best I can from my end if you would like any help.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2012, 07:19:13 pm »
I'm no longer saying that melons and pumpkins shouldn't be removed, but personally I think it would be a good idea to get a new system in place such as being able to sell meat at least by the time the day comes to remove melons in a week.

I mean with meat the player must be present to mate the animal with wheat (which also has to be manually grown although harvesting isn't necessarily manual labor in some cases), then you must be present to slay each and every mob that you intend to not mate again to get the meat. And perhaps bread which has to be manually crafted out of wheat which has to be planted for each growth could be sell-able. I as well as many other players would greatly appreciate something like that being in the market in place of the melons, and I'd be willing to help you all as best I can from my end if you would like any help.
I will take this into consideration.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 07:57:36 pm »
neverending wall of text

I have the possible solution:
http://blocktopia.net/wiki/SMP_Plugins#ChestShop

In fact, if someone could get me pointed in the right direction for coding smp plugins I MIGHT be able to make a draft of a player shop script. Note that I say that I MIGHT be able to. I've never coded a server plugin before so yeah :/

I've used a plugin that was like that before, and it worked out pretty well.  You could still setup server shops and have a marketplace, but players could also setup shops and sell items (as long as they were in the chest).
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:22 pm »
Ok. To all of you bitching about how its unfair to take melons and punks away. And how opti-staff doesnt care about what anyone thinks. Last i checked. Servers dont rank this high by not caring. Also. When you decide to pay the bills that run and keep this server. Feel free to implement punks and melons once more.

caitslove

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2012, 08:22:07 pm »
Thank you Nick for considering the meat idea. I thought it had been thrown out the window when I suggested it yesterday and that was why I was upset, it seemed like no suggestions were actually being considered. I would fully back making meat sellable in the market or wheat. I think it shouldn't be worth too much in the market though just to keep the economy in check as was mentioned.

Again Nick, I really appreciate that you said you would consider that suggestion.

ridg10

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »
I think we should not be able to sell pumpkins and melons in the market,but that does not mean u have to delete them! If you get rid of the signs in the market for buying and selling melons and pumpkins.
by the way if you do delete melons and pumpkins will you delete glistening melons aswell?

ridg10  ;D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:19 pm »
I think we should not be able to sell pumpkins and melons in the market,but that does not mean u have to delete them! If you get rid of the signs in the market for buying and selling melons and pumpkins.
by the way if you do delete melons and pumpkins will you delete glistening melons aswell?

ridg10  ;D

We are only getting rid of the signs to sell melons, you will still be able to buy them.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2012, 09:53:12 pm »
Yay, no more melon farms! I never really made much money off of a melon farm, I think I made only $10k overall where I made $500,000 or more mining. Melon farms are boring and a cheap way to make money where mining is fun and a legit way to make money.

---><--- Click the monkey

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »
It's not a huge effort.  I put more effort into building my islands.

please dont let me post another 99 pages of counter arguments,
im sure you remember our discussion about the same in my own topic
alright "piss us off" but at least pay us some respect, we builded for months after all
let them flame ahead, let them share there hate, so they can get over it
this is the last thing we want to hear now ::) your making it worse...

that said, i advice to discuss removing cactus/sugarcane aswell asap
it might look silly, but cactus is stil a nice 1/3th of a pumpkin
converting my pump farm into cactus, adding 2 more farms
and say hello to my new afk money maker 8)

OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)