May 02, 2024, 08:52:40 am

Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 9103 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
Leaving
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:14:27 am »
Spent three days building about half a build. Maybe not even half yet.

Apparently it's a bland box with no purpose.

Thanks for being an inconsiderate asshole, Gene.

I'm out. It was fun. Bye, guys.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:52:23 am »
I am so sorry for Gene being such an ass, but I dont think its worth leaving. :(
Stay, we all aren't like him. =-=
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54:51 am »
I am so sorry for Gene being such an ass, but I dont think its worth leaving. :(

Eh, that build was my last chance at builder for multiple reasons.

I know it wasn't good enough on its own for builder, but it would've been my motivation.
Now that it's a complete waste, I'm not starting over with nothing to help.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56:33 am »

I know it wasn't good enough on its own for builder, but it would've been my motivation.
Always try :)
I got rejected quite a few times, and then I finally got accepted, just keep on trying!
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:00:06 am »

Always try :)
I got rejected quite a few times, and then I finally got accepted, just keep on trying!

It's not the fact that I know I'd be rejected.
'Cause I do know I would've.

It's now that that build is a complete waste. I'm not gonna complete it, and so now I have nothing.

I can't build something else and say, "I have this, which isn't that great, but kind of helps and I also have this."
It would just be one build.
And I have no desire to start from scratch.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:15:48 am by Kurseddragon »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:30 am »
I will post my wom logs if i have to... but from what i saw it wasn't the best thing i had ever seen, I saw some nice buildings inside of the box yes they are nice but the thing containing them was not needed IMO and when you heard what I actually said, you got upset. Im sorry if I had upset you and I hope your success in building more somewhere, hopefully still on opticraft. But if you choose to leave you are more than welcome to I am just sorry if I made you feel you were unwelcome, which you are not, you are always welcome on opticraft no matter what anyone says, including me.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 02:10:09 am »
I will post my wom logs if i have to... but from what i saw it wasn't the best thing i had ever seen, I saw some nice buildings inside of the box yes they are nice but the thing containing them was not needed IMO and when you heard what I actually said, you got upset. Im sorry if I had upset you and I hope your success in building more somewhere, hopefully still on opticraft. But if you choose to leave you are more than welcome to I am just sorry if I made you feel you were unwelcome, which you are not, you are always welcome on opticraft no matter what anyone says, including me.

Who the fuck told you I was trying to build the best thing anyone's ever seen?

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:54 am »
In my opinion, you shouldn't rely on impressing others when it comes to building. I'm far from the best there is, but I build things that I appreciate myself. Keep building things to impress yourself and somewhere along the way you will improve without even noticing. Stay inspired and don't give up because one person provided constructive criticism that was perceived as negative or personal. I hope you would stay and keep trying, but if leaving is what you want, I'm glad you played with us here at Opticraft.

(click to show/hide)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 03:15:56 am »
In my opinion, you shouldn't rely on impressing others when it comes to building. I'm far from the best there is, but I build things that I appreciate myself. Keep building things to impress yourself and somewhere along the way you will improve without even noticing. Stay inspired and don't give up because one person provided constructive criticism that was perceived as negative or personal. I hope you would stay and keep trying, but if leaving is what you want, I'm glad you played with us here at Opticraft.

I never said I was trying to impress anyone. -.-
That's pretty much the exact opposite of what I've been saying...

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 05:58:31 am »
(While I was afk while this all went down, I have the whole thing on my wom logs)

Kursed, please don't leave.

Just because one person said that the walls look bland and that they serve no purpose, even though the build isnt even half-way to being finished, doesn't mean you should give up and leave.

Please don't let him get to you, and just keep on doing your best.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 06:37:00 am »
(While I was afk while this all went down, I have the whole thing on my wom logs)

Kursed, please don't leave.

Just because one person said that the walls look bland and that they serve no purpose, even though the build isnt even half-way to being finished, doesn't mean you should give up and leave.

Please don't let him get to you, and just keep on doing your best.

As I've stated to Noobies, I have much more important things to do.

I have 5 AP classes next year and I have homework for every single one of them.
I also need to volunteer for community service hours.

If you guys really want me, I'll try to go on IRC if it ever works (Which it RARELY does).

But (hopefully, in the sense there's nothing left for me to do) I'm done with Minecraft for a while.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:56 am »
So what you are saying is: you were going to quit anyway?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Cyan of the Griffins

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 05:44:02 pm »
Dont go kurse! Your a really good builder; dont let one person's comments get u down. Even if u have extra stuff to do,try to fit minecraft in because we'll miss u if u leave.

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 05:52:29 pm »
Sorry to see you go I guess..

I don't.. entirely understand both situations and why this happened so suddenly because of one person, but cya.

You're always welcome back on Opticraft.

TimothyThe3rd

• I need about tree fiddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 05:55:34 pm »
You shouldn't leave, don't let one person's opinion get you down. Even if you're busy with stuff, you could always stop by the server every once and a while when you have the time.