May 05, 2024, 06:21:36 am

Author Topic: Resigning as Moderator - July 1st  (Read 11251 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Resigning as Moderator - July 1st
« on: June 24, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »
CLICK THE ORANGE QUOTE ^^ABOVE^^ TO SKIP TO THE BEST PART...

Good day Opticraft players,

Yesterday I let the Staff know about this, but I figured since word is already spreading I would post my official notice to the rest of you today.  

On June 30th I値l be stepping down from the Moderator position and returning to Trusted status.  Now, I know how rumors run like plagues through the community so I値l nip those in the bud right here.  The reason I知 stepping down has nothing to do with the staff, and it has nothing to do with me doing anything wrong.  In fact, I've already had a few people try to talk me out of it.  To find out why I知 stepping down, I refer you to a quote from my topic about becoming a mod;

Expect at times to get more flack than praise.  Players will complain if you're taking too long to respond to them, they'll lie (occasionally) to you about griefing, they'll get upset with you for banning their friend/relative, they'll yell at you for "spying" on them, they'll mistake you for a griefer and tell you to get out of their house (even if they called you there).  It's not all fame and glory.

Quite frankly, and to put it as bluntly as possible, I知 tired of helping players and getting shit on in return.  Players fail to realize that the Moderators are here to do a job.  That job is to keep players happy, ensure players are following the rules, fix any problems within their mandate to fix, and deal with conflicts that arise between players.  To use an analogy; We're babysitters, and I'm tired of dealing with children who think they're adults.  I have enough drama in my own life that I don't need it here too.  Now, I know not all players are like that, but I'm tired of dealing with the ones who are.

Maybe someday, when the attitudes around here change, I値l consider returning to the moderator seat.  It痴 been offered to me, and I知 greatful for that.  Right now, though, I feel that my love of playing on the Opticraft server has to take presidency over the few perks of being a Moderator.

At this time I'd like to personally thank Nick, the one who gave me the Moderator roll as well as my Trusted status prior to that.  You're a great admin and I couldn't ask for a better or more fair "boss".  I'd like to thank Nyssa for basically taking me under her wing and showing me the ropes during my first few weeks as a mod.  I'd also like to thank Optical for his continued efforts in keeping this server the best place to play.  To the rest of the staff, keep up the good fight.  Remember, stay professional and treat the players the way you would want to be treated.  As a Trusted, I look forward to continuing the friendships we've built.

No, I'm not saying goodbye.  I love Opticraft and will continue my love for the server as a Trusted player.  That said, my days as a moderator have, as of the 30th, come to an end.  I'll continue my duties until then, but as of July 1st I'll just be another Trusted player.

Thank you for your time.

( EDIT:  Merged in the staff comments from yesterday. )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:00:12 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
Re: Resigning as Moderator - July 1st
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:32:12 pm »
It's a sad thing that legit Moderators like you end up stepping down, but it's your call man. You will be missed among us staff and you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »
Well thank you for moderating sir. I kinda wish more mods would have the balls to admit this instead of just not moderating when they didnt want to. Just put in an app if you ever feel like returning, we would be glad to have you on staff again.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:50:27 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

codepmman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:55:59 pm »
well all i have to say is thanks for all the help you have given me. i will definatly miss our staff worthy talks...
Creepin........Like a boss

BECAUSE IM BIGGER THAN YOU

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »
Thanks for all the help as a staff member and as a player just like you. You were really great as a moderator and I hope you will have fun in every decision you make.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:09:54 pm »
It's a shame your stepping down. You were a great Moderator, hope to see you re-apply in the future.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:21:52 am »
I agree with nick here. Thank a lot for all your effort, and thank you for resigning when you knew the time was right, wish all of our staff of past had done so, it makes everyones lives much easier when handled this way :).

Thanks for your effort, and if you decide that players aren't that bad and you want to help, feel free to drop in an application again!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:26:10 am »
I agree with nick here. Thank a lot for all your effort, and thank you for resigning when you knew the time was right, wish all of our staff of past had done so, it makes everyones lives much easier when handled this way :).

Thanks for your effort, and if you decide that players aren't that bad and you want to help, feel free to drop in an application again!

Thanks a lot Opti, you run a great server man.  It feels like a home, and I couldn't risk loosing that just to hold onto Mod status.  I definitely won't be leaving here any time soon.  Keep up the great work.

To the rest of you, thanks so much for your kind words.  I'm looking forward to continuing our friendships and keeping them strong.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:12:41 am »
Will have time to finish that dwarf place now. ;) =p

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 01:17:02 am »
Will have time to finish that dwarf place now. ;) =p

Yea, but I won't have "Fly" to do it with...  :P
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:59 am »
Thank you for being a great member of staff. I hope I do see you on just as much.

matticus21

• 1 hand u-turn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »
Oh viper, I wish you retained your title,   your a great mod and will be missed

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 08:49:50 pm »
Damn.. another leaving hey?...
Well you take care of your self man, you were a great Mod.
Hope to see you in-game sometime after you leave if I get a chance ;)
Probably the best Builder ever.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »
Hey man, I really never talked to you, but it still sucks to see a moderator go.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Resignation - June 30th
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 11:28:55 pm »
I just posted my mod app. I hope that if I get accepted, I will be as great a moderator as you were someday. I respect you and your decisions. Enjoy Opticraft.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.