May 30, 2024, 09:27:35 am

Author Topic: /water command  (Read 6818 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: /water command
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 03:03:24 pm »
If there are no Moderators on at the time someone needs water, then sure they can ask a Trusted player to place it.
But I don't think there needs to be a whole new command for it, just simply ask a Trusted player in-game if no staff are available.

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 03:12:49 pm »
Reasonable i've been thinking of this idea the whole day so, after my last post i thought that would be a better idea just if mods are busy /msg A trusted player to do it   ;)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »
Me and Larko fight over water placement now :P

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 04:41:44 pm »
It shouldn't have to be a competition over who does what, you know :P

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »
I know but when i get there he's there :P

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 05:40:33 pm »
Personally when I'm on I like if players simply say "Can someone help me with water" in the General chat.  It still creates a ticket for us, but also lets the trusted members know you need water at the same time.  Cuts down wait time for you, and helps out the mods if they're busy with other players.

Besides, I know a few trusted players that love running to help with water.  Why should Mods have all the fun?
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 06:13:14 pm »
Ya most people just do /helpop i need water and trusted people cant do anything.

E1ectrik

• Opticrafts CoD Professional
    • View Profile
    • http://www.speedtest.net/result/1238286444.png
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26:32 pm »
How do trusted help if a person needs water in city protection ?

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »
The member with the protection gives them permission...

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 08:33:39 pm »
Trusted does not have to do anything for anyone it is their choice to seek out those who are a lower rank than them to place water, the help commands are made for people who are staff giving trusted members the responsibility to respond to help commands practically makes them Staff too, they are not. Trusted is just a person who isn't stupid, and follows the rules(and gets on mumble). It is nice for them to help but putting in a command for lessees to use is a waste of time.  If a player really wants to go out of their way to help another member of the community good for them, but once every trusted gets the message "omg i kneeds water." It is annoying and they are getting something they did not sign up for, because again, Trusted members have not applied for trusted it was thrust upon them.  And you might say,"Well some trusted can opt in if they want to help" Then they should make a mod application if they want to get commands of a person like a moderator.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 09:30:18 pm »
Trusted does not have to do anything for anyone it is their choice to seek out those who are a lower rank than them to place water, the help commands are made for people who are staff giving trusted members the responsibility to respond to help commands practically makes them Staff too, they are not. Trusted is just a person who isn't stupid, and follows the rules(and gets on mumble). It is nice for them to help but putting in a command for lessees to use is a waste of time.  If a player really wants to go out of their way to help another member of the community good for them, but once every trusted gets the message "omg i kneeds water." It is annoying and they are getting something they did not sign up for, because again, Trusted members have not applied for trusted it was thrust upon them.  And you might say,"Well some trusted can opt in if they want to help" Then they should make a mod application if they want to get commands of a person like a moderator.

Trusted's don't have to do anything they don't want to.  And your right, putting in a command for them to get water is kinda silly.  That said, when I look through the applications for moderators, and who's gonna get my recommendations, the first thing I look for are the people who I've seen carrying around half a dozen water buckets and just helping out whenever they see someone needing help.  If I see you keeping your water placing abilities for your own personal use then you've shown that you don't like helping others, and as such, in my eyes aren't a good choice for a moderator.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 10:27:16 pm »

Trusted's don't have to do anything they don't want to.  And your right, putting in a command for them to get water is kinda silly.  That said, when I look through the applications for moderators, and who's gonna get my recommendations, the first thing I look for are the people who I've seen carrying around half a dozen water buckets and just helping out whenever they see someone needing help.  If I see you keeping your water placing abilities for your own personal use then you've shown that you don't like helping others, and as such, in my eyes aren't a good choice for a moderator.

Ok I guess having a command is a little much but whenever someone tells me they need water they already did the /helpop command and a mod is there.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 02:44:12 am »
Trusted does not have to do anything for anyone it is their choice to seek out those who are a lower rank than them to place water, the help commands are made for people who are staff giving trusted members the responsibility to respond to help commands practically makes them Staff too, they are not. Trusted is just a person who isn't stupid, and follows the rules(and gets on mumble). It is nice for them to help but putting in a command for lessees to use is a waste of time.  If a player really wants to go out of their way to help another member of the community good for them, but once every trusted gets the message "omg i kneeds water." It is annoying and they are getting something they did not sign up for, because again, Trusted members have not applied for trusted it was thrust upon them.  And you might say,"Well some trusted can opt in if they want to help" Then they should make a mod application if they want to get commands of a person like a moderator.

Trusted's don't have to do anything they don't want to.  And your right, putting in a command for them to get water is kinda silly.  That said, when I look through the applications for moderators, and who's gonna get my recommendations, the first thing I look for are the people who I've seen carrying around half a dozen water buckets and just helping out whenever they see someone needing help.  If I see you keeping your water placing abilities for your own personal use then you've shown that you don't like helping others, and as such, in my eyes aren't a good choice for a moderator.

Ok I guess having a command is a little much but whenever someone tells me they need water they already did the /helpop command and a mod is there.

Quick way to let us know you're gonna help is to reply to the player in the General channel.  Just say something like, "Hey ____ I can help you with that water".  Then we know it's taken care of and we'll just continue on helping others.  It also lets us mods know that you're actually helping out players (which is a good step towards becoming a mod yourself).
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 03:36:35 am »
(click to show/hide)

Ok I will do that!