June 09, 2024, 03:53:06 pm

Author Topic: /water command  (Read 6857 times)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
/water command
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:13 am »
I think their would be a topic like this but I couldn't find it. If there is can someon post a link? Mods and ops can be very busy, but if I'm correct lots of that is from placing water. I think their should be a /water command that sends the message they say after /water to all trusted. That way it frees up mods, and gives trusted something to do ;) for jobs that are not near people's homes or need tons of water they will use /helpop.

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: /water command
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:01:47 pm »
it's been talked about before and the general consensus is that it's not a Trusted's job to place water. Even hinting at the idea that they should be obligated to help place water is not what we want to do.

stick with "/helpop omg i need water plx"

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:53 pm »

Oh I won't be needing someone else to place my water :p

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »
Supported this idea becuase there are a limited amount of mods and gives us trusted members to help with

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 01:14:29 pm »
Supported this idea becuase there are a limited amount of mods and gives us trusted members to help with
I personally think that Trusted players should not inherit that command. I mean if a Trusted player stuffs up with water, say accidentally placing it on a whole complicated red-stone wiring, Moderators can easily redo it in which Trusted players can't.
If they're that desperate to help, use a bucket and do the best they can. Or pm one of the Staff members, I did that back then and it work.  :)

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »
I personally think that Trusted players should not inherit that command. I mean if a Trusted player stuffs up with water, say accidentally placing it on a whole complicated red-stone wiring, Moderators can easily redo it in which Trusted players can't.
If they're that desperate to help, use a bucket and do the best they can. Or pm one of the Staff members, I did that back then and it work.  :)

could /helpop to repair...

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »

could /helpop to repair...
Rephrase that, I didn't get what you mean.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 03:18:57 pm »
Fair enough, But question How many /Helpop Percentage is Water placement?

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »
If you asked all the active trusted I'd say at least three quarters would be in on this. And Trusted don't have a lot to do apart from being trustable so placing water for people who need it would be good.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:29 pm »
True...

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »
it's been talked about before and the general consensus is that it's not a Trusted's job to place water. Even hinting at the idea that they should be obligated to help place water is not what we want to do.

This, plus say it in general chat as well, especially if there are only one or two mods on. Or just PM a trusted, if they're not busy, they will help.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 04:25:25 pm »
It is better to first ask a Mod+ if they can place water and then a Trusted if the Mods are too busy or don't respond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »
Yes but Moderators + are busy more with grief etc and i'm sure that mods would like some time to build...

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 12:06:10 pm »
Yes but Moderators + are busy more with grief etc and i'm sure that mods would like some time to build...
When you are on trial as Mod, that's when you dedicate your time to help all players, not just slack around and let you do the job.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 12:19:28 pm »
When you are on trial as Mod, that's when you dedicate your time to help all players, not just slack around and let you do the job.

Yes but still if you are a Only "Trail" mod and nobody else and there are example 11 Water requests a /Helpwater command would help or again a moderator could jsut use /msg and give a Trusted player few names to sort out...