May 18, 2024, 11:17:03 pm

Author Topic: /Home Private/Public  (Read 5860 times)

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
/Home Private/Public
« on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:12 pm »
Hello Opticraft,
Well my idea is to upgrade the /home command because when i didn't want people to come to my house but still came it annoyed me so, This idea is to be able to /sethome then be able to do a comand like /sethome Private Or /sethome Public Even /sethome Password <Password> for lets say a secret service or something (of course MODS over come this).

Thanks for reading my idea.

-zxSM1FFYzx

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: /Home Private/Public
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »
I am not against the idea or for, since its not an issue for me.
Why dont you make a room from furnaces to protect your home spot with a door and to have a 100% protection against everyone?

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:52:22 pm »
Why dont you make a room from furnaces to protect your home spot with a door and to have a 100% protection against everyone?

Furnaces dont really look apealing in a nice looking room...

Also this could benefit towns / Citys lets say if the owner needed to shut spawn just type /sethome Private

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:07:52 pm »
I support this idea. The griefers always target my end stone, if I could set my home outside, this would be one of the most helpful things to the server
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:30:42 am »
Build a small room with a coal ps and and that will take care of it

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:13:20 am »
I support this idea. The griefers always target my end stone, if I could set my home outside, this would be one of the most helpful things to the server

Thats the idea ;)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25:14 am »
I like it, but I think you would have to buy it with ingame money possibly more than a diamond ps because, you wouldn't even need to protect your home if you private it (and if your isolated enough).
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:01 am »

Also this could benefit towns / Citys lets say if the owner needed to shut spawn just type /sethome Private
Smiffy you got to remember that you could simply make a nice simple room 11x11 and put a coal ps inside  with a door. This is a simple and effective way of stopping people coming into your /home and it can still look good. I like the idea but its already avoidable at the moment so I'm against the implement of it.

Thanks Dewey

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 12:20:21 pm »

Smiffy you got to remember that you could simply make a nice simple room 11x11 and put a coal ps inside  with a door. This is a simple and effective way of stopping people coming into your /home and it can still look good. I like the idea but its already avoidable at the moment so I'm against the implement of it.

Thanks Dewey

Again with the Furnace idea What if you do not want it in the middle of your room...

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
It's a good idea, so you want it how LWC is. Although there may be some issues like, loss of password and I don't think there are plugins out there that will work the same. Buy a coal ore and place it near your /sethome, problem solved.

zxSM1FFYzx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »
I guess thats how it could work but the Password of course would not be needed by the owner, and moderators

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »
I actually have decided not to protect my home. I haven't been griefers in a while, probably because so far I have been catching a lot of griefers. If you're reading this mods:

luka100 griefed my farm, and I WATCHED him do it. I did /helpop but I had to go after a little, so investigate the farm in the backyard o my house
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »
I actually have decided not to protect my home. I haven't been griefers in a while, probably because so far I have been catching a lot of griefers. If you're reading this mods:

luka100 griefed my farm, and I WATCHED him do it. I did /helpop but I had to go after a little, so investigate the farm in the backyard o my house
A little bit offtopic?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »
No.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:35 am »
I have my /home set right at my home.  Outside, not inside.  With PS protecting everything there's no need to worry about griefers.  I like this idea, but a well placed PS in the room where your /home is set will save you the trouble and you won't have to build an ugly furnace room.  People will get quickly bored and leave.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)