June 17, 2024, 08:32:40 pm

Author Topic: WilliSir Ban Appeal  (Read 2649 times)

WilliSir

• View Profile
WilliSir Ban Appeal
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:48 am »
Ban: Spamming, Ban Evasion

I understood that what I did was immoral and against the rules of Opticraft. I am sorry for what I have done and don't see any reason in being a nuisance in the future. I completely understand the moderators/operators for banning me because their main goals are to uphold the decency and complete satisfaction of every member on the server. However, I do not understand why I was banned without warning for I surely would have stopped and apologized after being warned. Don't misunderstand me, I am sorry for what I have done. I just don't understand why I was banned without warning and that the people who were doing the same thing as me were not banned as well. I'm not saying to ban those people for what they did in the past, I'm just saying to equally uphold justice in the future. I'm sorry for what I have done and would be very thankful if my ban could be lessened or relieved. Also, I used my brother's account: WilliBoys, to try to convey my side to an operator and was banned for Ban Evasion. Please un-ban him because he has done nothing wrong and I had no idea that I was evading ban because that was not my goal. I was merely trying to understand why I was banned. Thank you for the advice, water, and occasional drops. Keep up the good work on such a great server!

With Regards
WilliSir

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: WilliSir Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:18:09 am »
You were banned for spamming. Ive warned you about this before. Its only seven days. And as for your brother, I'll unban him.

WilliSir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:21:28 am »
Thanks for unbanning my brother. Seven days is a long time when you're banned from a place you love... Yea. I didn't think that line would work either.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 12:29:29 am »
I had a feeling unbanning Williboys was a mistake. He has been re-banned for griefing johannestrike's house. An ENTIRE wall was stripped and 35 blocks in a small area was recorded in the Log block. If this was his idea of getting back to us, then he did a very poor job at that.

(click to show/hide)

We will see Williboys in 3 days
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:33:32 am by Xeadin »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:47 am »
Oh joy.

WilliSir

• View Profile
WilliBoys- Why was I re-banned?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 01:51:01 am »
My brother (WilliSir) was spamming and he was banned. That is understandable. Then he used my account to try and convince the operator to un-ban him. Because he did this my account was banned. Once again this is understandable. Then awesomealicia unbanned me because I did nothing wrong. But now I'm rebanned as of today sometime after 5:30 (which was the last time I played). I don't understand. Someone please clarify.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:02:41 am »
My brother (WilliSir) was spamming and he was banned. That is understandable. Then he used my account to try and convince the operator to un-ban him. Because he did this my account was banned. Once again this is understandable. Then awesomealicia unbanned me because I did nothing wrong. But now I'm rebanned as of today sometime after 5:30 (which was the last time I played). I don't understand. Someone please clarify.

I had a feeling unbanning Williboys was a mistake. He has been re-banned for griefing johannestrike's house. An ENTIRE wall was stripped and 35 blocks in a small area was recorded in the Log block. If this was his idea of getting back to us, then he did a very poor job at that.

(click to show/hide)

Not sure if this was intended or not, but this is somewhat discouraging to find.

WilliSir

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 02:14:36 am »
This is Willisir. My brothers are idiots. It wasn't revenge.. my brothers just griefed -_-. See you guys in 6 days.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:16:41 am by WilliSir »

WilliSir

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 02:25:00 am »
Actually one more thing. I still don't understand why I was banned a complete 7 days. Yes I did a little bit of spamming but that was for business and I wasn't warned. I haven't done anything bad in the past and yet my ban for spamming is longer than a ban for griefing. That's like saying a felony deserves a smaller sentence than a misdemeanor.

With Regards
WilliSir

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 03:04:31 am »
It's a matter of the extent of the issue. I'm sure seven days was a bit much, but if there was a lot of spamming and the individual was told multiple times to not do that, that could warrant a longer time for defiance.

In the case of griefing, 35 blocks is not a whole lot of damage, but is still concerning. 3 days is fair for that amount of damage for a first ban on account of griefing. If there was a lot more damage, I would've set it to the same time as your (willisir) account's ban length.

I'm not sure what could have warranted a seven day ban for spamming, but probably would have been a lot of spam and a lot of reminders as well.

Regardless, both accounts were banned for separate reasons.

WilliSir

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »
Okay. Thanks for the justification and sorry for badgering you guys. (Insert badger picture)