May 23, 2024, 08:45:41 am

Author Topic: An Idea For The New Member World  (Read 5650 times)

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
An Idea For The New Member World
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:56:44 am »
Hello, as I was reading through the ban appeals as I do once or twice every day, a thought came to me.
     I was thinking about how the member world is designed to help stop a very large bulk of the grief that happens on the non member server/world. It might be helpful to screen who gets into the member world a little bit more then just who has joined the forums.
     My thoughts are add a few more stipulations to the list before anyone can join the new world. Here are some examples

Time On Server- This would be something like, You must have played 10 hours in game time before you are allowed to join the new member only world.

Votes- You must have voted for opticraft 10 times before you are allowed to join the new member only world.

Forum Posts- You must have posted at least 3 legitimate threads. And by this i mean post that are useful and or interesting. Not just some "LOL Good Idea"

Ban Record- This one might be difficult. But I think a ban record should be taken into account. If a member has 2 grief bans on his record within 3 weeks he or she might try it again in the member world.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement. But a way to filter who is and is not allowed into the new member world could be something along the lines of a new rank, possibly Member+

Please feel free to comment on if you think this is a idea is: good, bad, wonderful, terrible, amazing, hellish, stupid, genius, anything at all.
And also please add any ideas you may have, or changes you think might help

Thank you all very much
-MDW-  <--Newly Trusted Member!!

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: An Idea For The New Member World
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 03:19:30 am »
Well I agree with votes. I'd say I agree that players should have the following to qualify for the member world:

10 votes
At least 4 weeks since the END of the most recent ban on the player that did not get appealed.
(and put grieftrap in member world of course)

Best griefer name ^

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 03:35:10 am »
Wow yeah, that'd be great, because we all know how easy it is to sign up lol so this would make things nicer there

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:37:32 am »
Voting is an option, it shouldn't be needed. It's like saying you need to donate 5$ to enter.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:32 am »
I wasn't meaning you have to meet all of the choices to qualify. Just maby one or two

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 03:43:11 am »
I think the time on server would be greats

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 04:01:24 am »
I see how you would like this to be a more restricted world, which would give you more space and less grief but the point of the world is not to make it heavily restricted. This world's purpose is to weed out the people who are on just to grief and do not care enough to sign up on the forums. If someone takes the time to sign up, then they have earned the right to play on this map. Making this world more and more restricted will just discourage players from wanting to join our community.

Imagine of you were a legit player joining Opticraft for the first time. You walk around, look at stuff, and build for a few hours. You decide you like it, and you want to sign up to get Member rank. You think, "sweet, member world time!", but no, you need to post more topics, vote more, or spend more time on the server. That process would totally discourage me if I was a new member. I think that the system that will be in place will work great like it is.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:06:32 am »
I see how you would like this to be a more restricted world, which would give you more space and less grief but the point of the world is not to make it heavily restricted. This world's purpose is to weed out the people who are on just to grief and do not care enough to sign up on the forums. If someone takes the time to sign up, then they have earned the right to play on this map. Making this world more and more restricted will just discourage players from wanting to join our community.

Imagine of you were a legit player joining Opticraft for the first time. You walk around, look at stuff, and build for a few hours. You decide you like it, and you want to sign up to get Member rank. You think, "sweet, member world time!", but no, you need to post more topics, vote more, or spend more time on the server. That process would totally discourage me if I was a new member. I think that the system that will be in place will work great like it is.

Yeah guess that would suck haha

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 04:46:34 am »
Bantam2 You make a good point.  ;D

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:05:33 am »

Lets look at this from another view:

Some griefers can be more dedicated than some others. This means that if they can get to an area AFTER doing something (signing up for instance) they will do this. The system involved would possibly remove SOME griefers, but the masses would still be there. Therefore, I do support weirauch's claim:

Hello, as I was reading through the ban appeals as I do once or twice every day, a thought came to me.
     I was thinking about how the member world is designed to help stop a very large bulk of the grief that happens on the non member server/world. It might be helpful to screen who gets into the member world a little bit more then just who has joined the forums.
     My thoughts are add a few more stipulations to the list before anyone can join the new world. Here are some examples

Time On Server- This would be something like, You must have played 10 hours in game time before you are allowed to join the new member only world.

Votes- You must have voted for opticraft 10 times before you are allowed to join the new member only world.

Forum Posts- You must have posted at least 3 legitimate threads. And by this i mean post that are useful and or interesting. Not just some "LOL Good Idea"

Ban Record- This one might be difficult. But I think a ban record should be taken into account. If a member has 2 grief bans on his record within 3 weeks he or she might try it again in the member world.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement. But a way to filter who is and is not allowed into the new member world could be something along the lines of a new rank, possibly Member+

Please feel free to comment on if you think this is a idea is: good, bad, wonderful, terrible, amazing, hellish, stupid, genius, anything at all.
And also please add any ideas you may have, or changes you think might help

Thank you all very much
-MDW-  <--Newly Trusted Member!!

Think about this for a second. Just imagine that disneyland says that anyone who has signed up will get free access. Some people will say 'Ah I canna be stuffed' and not do it. However, nearly everyone will want to sign up. Some people will be smugglers and burglars and will start to steal items from there. We can compare those to the the groefers who shall surely grief our fresh new world.

So basically, we can't trust brand new members. We need to get to know 'em a bit better and we need some proof from them to prove that they are truly reliable for the member world. Sure, there'd still be SOME griefers, but not as many.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 10:10:41 am »
2 things here

1) bigbeno don't use a whole quote, xD just cut it down to the part you are refrencing to.

2) I don't know if this has been discussed but what if a member sets his/her home in the new world, will a guest be able to use that /home bob? If you haven't coded that you might want to do it asap.
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 10:15:20 pm »
Here is an idea which will keep grievers out of the new world, people should pay a certain amount of money to enter. Nobody tries to earn so much money on the server and the people who do it usually have 30k+. Make the entrance for 5k. People will try to earn money for the entrance and they will build, mine much more to get in the awesome new world. The server will expand, people will quit their laziness and start working and have fun. No griefers except some SERIOUS griefers will pay the entrance to the new world because they can grief ppl's stuff for free in the current world. It is not hard to earn 5k in the game. You have to work for it. Please think about this idea as it could be useful and won't discourage the players and will even make them work more

Thanks for reading :D

Check it out! ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »
The member world will be accessible to all players who have the member rank or above. This will not change.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »
The member world will be accessible to all players who have the member rank or above. This will not change.
LOL Good Idea

---><--- Click the monkey

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »
Mod and Op both say its final! That settles that
Thank you Nick!

-MDW-