June 15, 2024, 08:23:20 pm

Author Topic: NickTheHoe - Ban Appeal  (Read 1244 times)

NickTheHoe

• View Profile
NickTheHoe - Ban Appeal
« on: June 12, 2012, 11:51:04 pm »
Hello Mods/OPs,

Today I was banned. I wish to appeal this ban, due to the fact I believe I should be given a second chance, on account of multiple reasons.

Reason of Ban: Setting /home as a death trap.

Length of Ban: 2 weeks.

My reasoning: I was banned for setting my home as a death trap. I do not deny the fact I did this, however I believe I have enough reasoning to help me at least shorten my appeal.

First of all, I am a fairly new player, and was unaware of the rule. I am fully aware ignorance is not an excuse, but I believe the ban is a bit long for this. While killing people is against the rules, no one was required to go to my /home. It was only set there for an interval of a few minutes, in which was a time period where the likelihood of someone being killed was extremely low. Of the people that did go, they were friends I had told what it was, and they emptied their inventory and knew they would die.

I had sent out a message in global chat telling people to come to my home, however I specifically stated they would be killed. I did not make this home with the intention of malicious use, but as a few minutes of fun with my friends. I in no way tricked people to come or told them something that wasn't true.

In summary, I believe this ban should at least be shortened, but it is my belief it should be removed. I have no previous citations, and it was truly an accident. I have full respect for the mod that banned me, I appreciate the fact he was doing his job and just keeping the server a safer and more enjoyable place to be. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my appeal.

Sincerely,
NickTheHoe
~Nick Stokoe

codepmman

• View Profile
Re: NickTheHoe - Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 12:23:27 am »
Firstly and totally off topic this is one of the most well written ban appeals I have ever read.

But to business:

I was the banning mod and i also responded to nates ticket that he had put in on your behalf.
My question is did you mean to /sethome on the side of the jump that faced the ground or was that a mistake?
As I know there was a lot of people partaking in jumping off of that high fall they were all being warned of its death capabilities.
Although we DO NOT allow death traps of any type, the high dive was completely voluntary where as your set home was an automatic fall to dirt, that's what makes it a death trap. Normally a death trap results in a perma ban but because of the situation I gave you 2 weeks so you could respond.

I feel that you were honnestly not intending for this so your ban will be lifted but any further infractions of this sort will result in a perma ban. be careful where you set your home regardless of your warnings.
Creepin........Like a boss

BECAUSE IM BIGGER THAN YOU