May 07, 2024, 12:39:28 pm

Author Topic: Giant road/path/bridge/tunnel project  (Read 1288 times)

ogMolton

• View Profile
Giant road/path/bridge/tunnel project
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:54 pm »
Hello, I am new to opticraft and I tried like 1 other server in minecraft before I got hooked on opticraft too.  I wanted to build a home that was not in a crowded city type environment like the areas around the market or at easttown, etc.  A fellow opticrafter said something about going to his home for a spleef match so I transported out there and that was exactly the kind of area I was looking for, there were people but no overcrowding.  The problem with this area for me is I constantly found myself going in the wrong direction when I was traveling.  Untouched minecraft land all looks the same to me, trying to explore a more open world was a much more difficult task than exploring the crowded areas near the market.

I think we can combine the best of both worlds by creating a road system to loosely connect all of these more remote buildings together with a well made road/bridgs/tunnel system.

If you've seen one of my giant pillars near your home in the past couple days and you would like to discuss the road project, let me know.  Follow it to the end with the arrow, my house is right past there.  leave me a sign or something.  I don't want to cause trouble, and I could sure use help.  Your help ultimately determines how big this project gets. 

My proposed road so far goes from my home (look for arrow on the ground after road, cobblestone and orange wool pillars) and the end of it so far ends with a huge, nice looking tunnel I built through a mountain.

this long road practically promotes more spread out building because people will have a long way to travel without getting (too) disoriented, which for me personally, made me want to build right next to someone.

I don't want a house in the middle of nowhere I can only get to with the /home command, but I don't want to constantly get lost going to and from my house either.  /home and /warp are great and necissary, but not nearly as enjoyable as a long walk.

This road project was spurred by a desire to find out where the heck the market is relative to my base of operations (home)

ogMolton

• View Profile
Re: Giant road/path/bridge/tunnel project
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:57:36 am »
I'm making the road go in a a different direction, Joelking2's sky city, its super far away but this is a giant road.  Lots of prime real estate along this road too, i just built a staircase up a mountain next to a waterfall that is begging to become a home.  To check out my road go to /home ogmolton and turn around, there will be a ladder halfway down the path you are on, before you get on the ladder notice the path below, the way you are facing going towards the ladder, you'll follow the path below left until you get to a T in the road, that is the new road to sky city project, it's thousands of blocks away. I am doing my best to be respectful of others views and buildings, but if you want to make some changes or make a road that connects your town to this road, go for it.