May 02, 2024, 10:59:28 am

Author Topic: Dear thief.  (Read 4374 times)

acegdl007

• View Profile
Dear thief.
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »
Dear Thief,
I thank you (with sarcasem) for breaking into my fenced in pasture and house over the weekend.  I see that you have helped your self to stealing all of my chickens and cows with the exception of one cow.

Now I can understand that hungry stomachs of Minecraft characters need to be fed and I don't mind sharing my animals at all (at no cost!).  But why not at least leave two animals so that more may be grown!?

And breaking into the house.  What good would that do?  Chests, crafting tables and furnaces are all protected... so what was the point?  I guess we will never know.

And yes... I know, my meager coal protection stone was not nearly enough to prevent this as I have built beyond its boundaries.  So this is kind of my fault too for not adequately protecting my homestead.

Despite my loss of livestock, I am not without food.  I will go on to survive and thrive for another Minecraft day.

Regards,
Acegdl007

Kascas

• View Profile
Re: Dear thief.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:15:24 pm »
Dear acegdl007  ;D

i had the same problem for quiet some time, as it was a hungry thief and no griefer mods never did something
i ended up getting myself banned, for setting up some defences in my house  ::)  ;D ;D ;D
we all must learn the hard way, that there is only 1 way to solve it  :o

more coal ps  ;)
and for animals, these are not protected by ps, so keep them where they cant reach them   8)

if you pm me, i might be kind enough to share another ps with you  :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:17:49 pm by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »
Where did he brake into from? If he destroyed a block or two or even a fence you should call a moderator so that he can be related with the animal slaughter. One more thing, griefers and in general people that do such things, usually leave you with something insufficient (1 cow) for reproducing what they broke. They think its fun to make you angry.
Start a farm and make some money for more ps.
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:22:38 am »
ha ha.  Yeah.  I realize that part of being on the survival server is dealing with neighbors who may not be so nice.

The thief broke into my house through one of the walls and only one or two fence posts were taken out.  Not even a significant amount of damage so I am not sure a moderator would be able to follow up on it.

Kascas, I might have to take you up on your offer.  I have noticed it is very easy to quickly build large structures faster than you can buy stones to protect them.  Building underground and out of sight seems to help that.  Glad the thieves didn't find those projects.  ;)

Let me ask a question... do you find it easier to protect structures with coal PSs or save up your cash for the lapiz or diamond stones?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
If you are building large projects, larger PStones might be the way to go; however, multiple Coal PStones allow more flexibility and control when dealing with irregular-shaped constructions.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:49 pm »
i build with diamond and coal, i never use lapis
but for your house, a diamond one most likely will be to much,

note that they also protect high up and down wich you might not need
if your not building high up and just have a regular house coal ps is most likely going to be your cheapest way
if your building higher/deeper lapis will get more interesting

example: in a lapis ps(10k) fit 8 coal ps(12k)

so lapis is cheaper...but
lapis also protects higher/deeper wich you may not need
if your house is not higher/deeper then a coal ps

example2: in a lapis ps(10k) fit "ignoring hights" 4 coal ps(6k)

8) have fun calculating what will be cheapest for your house  8)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:27:52 pm by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 05:28:30 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.  Calculating the optimal way to do something is a big part of the game.
I'll be figuring it out quickly because the quiet corner of the server I settled down in is getting crowded with neighbors!
Going to have to protect against that.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:41:55 pm »
Build the house slightly below ground with your /home set at a location a few dozen meters away in a random direction.  Memorize where the "entrance" is.  After you have enough money for a bigger PS, terraform away the nearest dirt, or elevate your house with additional levels so the first is a basement.  There are also some cities you could apply to, and when inside everything you build is protected. 

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »
Ha ha.  Yeah.  I realize that part of being on the survival server is dealing with neighbors who may not be so nice.

The thief broke into my house through one of the walls and only one or two fence posts were taken out.  Not even a significant amount of damage so I am not sure a moderator would be able to follow up on it.

With this damage (the fence) a Moderator would easily be able to determine who slaughtered your livestock.  Unfortunately we cannot replace the animals themselves, but we could make sure the person responsible is dealt with.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 07:22:05 pm »
The thief struck again! I have one single row of blocks on the one wall of my house that is just out of reach of my PS.  Honestly... why break in?  Doors, chests, etc are all locked and I don't have anything of any value lying around!   ???  The house isn't even griefed or damaged... it just has a small hole cut in it!  I think I would be even mildly impressed if it was griefed with some thought. It would make more sense lol  Instead I feel no grief... just amusement.

Anyway... they did take a few of my pigs.  I still have a decent sized herd though.  Seriously... if you want some livestock or food, just ask me!  I'll share at little or no cost.  I grew the herd with the intent of sharing! lol

I hastily fixed my herd building a "bunker", putting the animals inside and installing some PS's.  Eventually I will build a barn. (poor critters!)

How do I go about reporting this to a moderator?  I have a feeling my thief will return in which case it will go from amusing to annoying. ::)

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 05:51:27 am »
this kind of thing is like a small grief. when you re on and see such thing that happend, call a mod or an op by typing /helpop message ...

he s simply griefing some blocks of you so he must be dealt somehow.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »
just use /helpop when your ingame

thiefs also like to use /home to easely teleport around without having to walk all the way
another thing you could do is, protecting your /home spawn with a privet door
so they cannot enter your house from the inside  8)

if it comes to animals your never safe enough,
they can hit the animals from outside the fences,
if they cant reach them they could tower themself up and jump over the fence, even while in a protected area
consider moving your friends inside your house, where your thick walls will keep the thief at bay

another thing to do with animals, is to create a safety bunker with 2 of them in there
just incase someone does succeed in taking your animals down, so you dont have to hunt for new animals
create a nice arc of noah grief proof   ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:50:56 pm by Kascas »
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:46:45 pm »
All good ideas.
One of the first things I did was build my /home location behind a protected/locked door.
I've also built a barn incorporating protection stones. I feel a bit more safe.

Still need to work on the Noah's Arc Bunker. (lol)

Worst case scenario I'll stick to raising chickens.  Those buggers lay so many eggs I just re-establish my farm with the eggs.
That reminds me... if anyone wants any chickens, I'll give you stacks of eggs! 

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
 :'( Not the cows!

Guess

• Snoopaayyy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »
Happened to me too, after taking 3 hours of my time to get the cow to the destination. XD
You'll get over it, I did.
Once it happens you learn to block off the entrance with glass or some other material.
Hey, I'm Guess_Who97! :p