May 11, 2024, 09:19:28 pm

Author Topic: PVP Zone Addon  (Read 3616 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
PVP Zone Addon
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:44:02 am »
So basically some players want PVP, others don't, and honestly there would be hell in the server if PVP was enabled, BUT here's an idea!

So here is what you do:

1) Section off a humongous area of the world and I mean an area a few times the size of a minecraft classic world. This huge chunk of land will have 4 bedrock walls going from bottom of the universe to the top of the buildable sky. There would be only 1 entrance that is a 2 by 2 block player entrance (players could warp there).

2) Once in that zone you are in danger of being killed by other players because in that zone it is PVP. Outside of the zone it is not PVP. Players in a PVP zone cannot kill players standing outside the doorway of the PVP zone and vice versa.

3) There could be a separate small group of admins that are only admins of the PVP zone. Players with problems there such as griefing would go to those select admins. The word of those admins goes no matter what (note these admin's powers are restricted to the PVP zone only).

Issues and solutions:
1) players about to die will warp somewhere ==> Disable warp for players inside the PVP zone
2) players complaining to admins ==> Admins nor mods responsible for anything going on in PVP zone, and this would be clearly stated automatically to players entering the zone
3) State any other issues you think of and Ill find a solution.

Best griefer name ^

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: PVP Zone Addon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 04:38:33 am »
pvP arenas and zones have already been discussed. Please read before posting

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:31:47 am »
Yes, but being as people believe any PVP in the server causes drama I simply want to brainstorm how each problem associated with a PVP zone can be solved.

Best griefer name ^

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:30:11 am »
I don't think PvP has, as you put it, "problems" that need to be solved. it's fairly straightforward to do, it's just not high on the priority list given that we're not trying to be a PvP server at all. I'd honestly rather read through arguments about why pvp should be on the server and have discussion about new ideas to make a unique pvp experience.

The best answer I can give to "are we going to have pvp?" is: It's definitely something we'll probably do eventually.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 02:39:24 pm »
Ah so then how about ranks for the PVP zone?

Ranks always make things interesting.

Best griefer name ^

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »
Still  there is no need for a pvp on this server. And as mentioned it has been discussed many times before. If you really want to pvp why dont go to a pvp server?

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 02:02:28 am »
Enough PvP topics. Optical and all the staff know that PvP would be a nice new addition if done correctly. BUT it is so far down on optical's list of things to do I doubt it will even happen before you give up on trying to get PvP implemented.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:31:02 pm »
It sounds like u want a whole server for this.
Admins
Ranks
Zones
Haha just go play on a pvp server opticraft is good, and DOESN'T need everything, its great as it is.
I'm Back BABY!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
Enough PvP topics. Optical and all the staff know that PvP would be a nice new addition if done correctly. BUT it is so far down on optical's list of things to do I doubt it will even happen before you give up on trying to get PvP implemented.

Agreed 100% ...  Seems every week we have a new PVP suggestion and I'm not a huge fan of them either.  There are so many PVP servers out there, if that's what your looking for then Opticraft really isn't for you.  This is a survival server, first and foremost.  We know you players love killing each other so you can get free items, we frequently ban people for that, but it's against the rules.  Seriously, go read the rules.  Player killing, against the rules.  Therefore by it's very nature PVP is against the rules too.  Even if it's in a zone, which has also been suggested to DEATH.  So why do people keep asking for it?

Here's the lowdown...  The only thing PVP adds to the game is drama.  We already have enough of that from the griefers and trolls.  Mods, could you imagine the helpop requests if a PVP zone was added?  Every two seconds we would have someone whining about how player X killed them and it wasn't fair because of blah blah and they want their stuff back.  :'(  :'(  :'(  Oy...  I'd be the first Mod to say, "Tough luck, you wanted PVP so suck it up and deal with it".

Not to mention the spam in the General channel.  We get enough of that from Spleef players as is.  Now we'll have players setting up PVP events and posting countdowns and rank information every five seconds.  No, no, no!

If PVP was ever to be put to a vote, even for an arena or zone, I would probably be one of the strongest voices AGAINST it.  We don't need it.  Other servers have it, go play on those and come back here for your SMP experience.  Opticraft has become a huge success without PVP, it's never needed PVP, and it WILL never need PVP.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:53:37 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:16 pm »
If you have seen my post about pvp blocks, I had this same idea too. But a while ago I realized,

PVP would be an absolute HELL.

(Part of my PVP topic which I no longer support) if we had PVP blocks we would have people being killed in shops! As soon as they paid, they would be robbed of their inventory. PVP zones are less problematic but still would be flooding tickets with "SNAPETHESNIPE CHEETD PLS GIVE SORD BCK" from the noobs who complain that all they ha was a wooden sword while they were mauled by a Sharpness III Diamond sword.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 07:40:39 pm »
If you have seen my post about pvp blocks, I had this same idea too. But a while ago I realized,

PVP would be an absolute HELL.

(Part of my PVP topic which I no longer support) if we had PVP blocks we would have people being killed in shops! As soon as they paid, they would be robbed of their inventory. PVP zones are less problematic but still would be flooding tickets with "SNAPETHESNIPE CHEETD PLS GIVE SORD BCK" from the noobs who complain that all they ha was a wooden sword while they were mauled by a Sharpness III Diamond sword.

Exactly... And this is why I'll never support adding PVP to Opticraft.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:55 pm »
Agreed.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.