May 11, 2024, 03:05:24 pm

Author Topic: Additions to the Market  (Read 9628 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Additions to the Market
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:47:11 am »
I have been practically spamming the suggestions board with suggestions...anyways, back on topic.

There are so many materials we could be able to buy commonly and would make a great addition. I will compose and (in later replies) add to this now growing list of additions. I want you as the reader to also follow the format I use. Let's start.

Netherwart: I don't know how many times I have seen in chat "Selling netherwart!" so this would probably top the list. Not only that but it literally is on top of the list. Lol

Redstone lamp: Do I really wanna waste money and time (Time is Money) on buying glowstone? Then I have to waste my own Redstone on lighting? If you haven't figured it out, no. Plus the Redstone lamp technique is highly popular in stopping spawners temporarily when times up for a customer.

Spawners: I know: THIS WILL BE TOUGH. To have people buying a spawner and placing it on their own would be EXTREMELY helpful. However it would be hard to have plugins and other stuff for this, and as someone who uses TooManyItems (don't worry not on this server) I can't figure out the mob spawner because it defaults to a pig. But IF you can get this to work, huge success. Guaranteed.

Bugatti: would be amazingly helpful to have this on market, even I it's common and low value. Alright I know hat it says, just checking to see if you're paying attention. Ferrari is cooler anyways.

Most brewing ingredients: This would include: Ghast tear(especially since the nether is almost completely artificial and contains 0 enemies), magma cream, slime balls, blaze rods and more. I've seen so many "selling Ghast tears!" "Does anybody sell Ghast tears?". And also same with slime ball and blaze rods. They're in high demand so if you could add them, big hit right there.

Music discs: I doubt this is going to make it. But it's in high demand! Not necessary however, so I doubt it. But this is the suggestions board so it doesn't have to work.

Ender pearls/Eye of Ender: This...needs no explaining. But can someone do it for me? Thanks.

Dyes: I know there's colored wool at the market, but maybe we wanna experiment and do it ourselves sometimes!

Glass bottles: I am constantly brewing (I just learned how and it's really fun, by the way I must advertise: ask me, snapethesnipe, in game about my many instant heal II and speed potions) and I hate to keep having to, find sand even though I live on a pond/beach area, smelt it, craft it, go back to the pond and fill them out, realize inventorys full, back to house, etc. This would help a lot.

There are probably a lot more great ideas, but here's one last one. People use ender pearls to get on top of market and have drop parties. Maybe a command or a sign to get on top of market would be helpful? Thanks. Now it's your turn. Use the format I did to suggest an item for the market, hopefully this is a success, and now, start suggestions. GO! >:(
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Varrager

• "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds."
    • View Profile
Re: Additions to the Market
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:49:37 am »
You can already buy redstone lamps at one of the southeast/northeast/northwest/southwest towns, i forget which one.
(click to show/hide)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:57 am »
Haha funny spoilers but I only wasted about 15 seconds. Jokes on you
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:44:23 am »
Short answer on all this... not gonna happen
Long answer.... If everything is sold in the market than this is no longer even close to a survival server, it's already fairly distant because of the market. How hard is it to go to the nether if u want glowstone or netherwart? plus all theses items are sold by players, even spawners lol, you cant place them but peoples sell the locations for them. Also, glass is sold at the market, why need glass bottles wasting room there?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:46:42 am by 2crzy4uall »

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:49:20 am »
All of these except the Spawners are relatively easy to get. Netherwarts: Go to the nether or ask for a player to sell you one then make your own farm. Redstone Lamp: Make one (iron redstone and wood i believe, all easy to find materials) or buy one from one of the new warp towns. Spawners: Never. Bugatti: about 3 million dollars, good luck. Brewing Ingredients: These are easily accessible on the player to player market. Music Disc:  Easily made Farm. Ender Pearls: Kill Endermen. Dyes: Easily made, roses = dye etc. Glass Bottles: 3 glass blocks in a bucket formation.

Overall this rant here shows how these materials, except the Spawner, are easily made. The point of this game is to find your own stuff, so do it. The market has the basic buy and sell materials and it will most likely stay that way.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:22 am »
All of these except the Spawners are relatively easy to get. Netherwarts: Go to the nether or ask for a player to sell you one then make your own farm. Redstone Lamp: Make one (iron redstone and wood i believe, all easy to find materials) or buy one from one of the new warp towns. Spawners: Never. Bugatti: about 3 million dollars, good luck. Brewing Ingredients: These are easily accessible on the player to player market. Music Disc:  Easily made Farm. Ender Pearls: Kill Endermen. Dyes: Easily made, roses = dye etc. Glass Bottles: 3 glass blocks in a bucket formation.

Overall this rant here shows how these materials, except the Spawner, are easily made. The point of this game is to find your own stuff, so do it. The market has the basic buy and sell materials and it will most likely stay that way.

Correction bantam. A redstone lamp is made with redstone and glowstone only.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 03:29:43 am »
Honestly though I think it would be nice to have monster spawners for sale at the market. I think that should be the one and only addition, but not for very cheap.

Best griefer name ^

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 01:28:32 pm »
Honestly though I think it would be nice to have monster spawners for sale at the market. I think that should be the one and only addition, but not for very cheap.
But why? I never hop on the server and go "Oh i wish I had a monster spawner here!" I've got 3 lol. 2 are my xp grinders, I think im ok without placing it myself

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 02:38:30 pm »
But why? I never hop on the server and go "Oh i wish I had a monster spawner here!" I've got 3 lol. 2 are my xp grinders, I think im ok without placing it myself

Well it would make it possible to build a good monster farm.
How do you make an EXP farm with only the one monster spawner in the crazy underground location where the monster spawner is?

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
Actually, the nether has been built too much and there are no natural resources except soul sand. Bugatti, lol idk why. And Ghast tears: again, nether is just not the nether anymore. I've been to the nether many times and in total have only seen ONE zombie pigman.

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »

Well it would make it possible to build a good monster farm.
How do you make an EXP farm with only the one monster spawner in the crazy underground location where the monster spawner is?
You have to find a monster spawner near your home ( somehow) i was extremly lucky to find one a couple of blocks away from mine. Or find a double spawner ( 2 spawners in a small block radius) i got 2 :P
What you should want to do to get that, is to go to unexplored areas and start mining. Eventually you'll find abandoned mineshafts (pregenerated) which contain cave spider spawners (usually more than two).
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

Fadmad

• TRUSTED AGAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 06:33:57 pm »
Short answer: Dude, the game will become too easy.
TRUSTED AGAIN!

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »
Yes! Then after that is added we should add enderdragon eggs and god mode to the market too! If all this were to pass... It wouldn't really be survival, would it?

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 01:57:21 am »
Simple answer from the staff and I fell all the staff agree with me. NO!!! We have had our own staff members say the server is starting to get away from the survival aspect. Find these resources for your self.

PS all the exp farms on the server are made at the spawner locations. You can get a good amount of exp from each. Also spawners are not hard to find. I have found over 7 in just a 300 block radius under ground.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 04:27:02 am »
Slime balls are almost imposible to find now and i love to build with sticky pistons thats the only thing there should be added
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/