May 11, 2024, 10:33:27 pm

Author Topic: Banned for griefing??  (Read 2232 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Banned for griefing??
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:01:29 am »
Name of Account Banned: chief149
Reason you are banned: griefing (read on bottom of post)
How will you change this if you get unbanned: Read bottom text of post
Why Should we unban you? I follow the rules here and I don't grief. I just broke the wrong four or five blocks

Well, I didn't exactly know I was really griefing anything. There was a diamond block so I tried mining it, and then there was a second one so I tried mining it, and they weren't protected by a protection stone as it appeared. Next thing I know I'm banned for god knows how long for griefing. Aparently the grief trap I guess.

Now I've played on the survival server and classic server for some time. I like them both, and I've never been on to grief anything. I've stayed well within the boundries of the rules. I just didn't know that destroying a couple blocks (the wrong couple of blocks obviously) was going to get me auto-banned for breaking rules.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:03:27 am by cheif149 »

Best griefer name ^

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Banned for griefing??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 02:27:19 am »
You are correct in that you tripped an automatic grief trap.  These traps are not hard to miss, they are structures that clearly belong to "active players".  As you mentioned in your own post, you broke a couple diamond blocks.  Obviously they didn't belong to you and did belong to someone else.  Why would you even attempt to take them?  Anyway...

It takes a minimum of 5 blocks before a grief trap bans you.  These aren't just the diamond blocks, they're any blocks.  Glass, doors, wooden planks, cobble, etc.  If it's in the trap, it's recording your actions.  This could also be 5 broken blocks all at one trap, or 5 blocks spread out over several traps.

An automatic grief ban is a mandatory 7 days long.  Yours will expire on June 16th at 7:53PM CST.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:29:56 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 02:31:33 am »
You are correct in that you tripped an automatic grief trap.  These traps are not hard to miss, they are structures that clearly belong to "active players".  It takes a minimum of 5 blocks broken before a grief trap bans you.  This could be 5 broken all at one trap, or 5 blocks spread out over several traps.

An automatic grief ban is a mandatory 7 days long.  Yours will expire on June 16th at 7:53PM CST.

Well, thanks for the quick response. I guess once the ban expires I'll just be more careful. Honestly I'm not on the server to grief anything. If you look at my house that's in construction there's chests with tons of stacks of items (mostly raw materials so I can start a shop). I'm here to play the game, not to mess things up, and I just don't want trouble is all, and to be honest I had no clue I was tripping a grief trap...

Best griefer name ^

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:26 am »
You are correct in that you tripped an automatic grief trap.  These traps are not hard to miss, they are structures that clearly belong to "active players".  It takes a minimum of 5 blocks broken before a grief trap bans you.  This could be 5 broken all at one trap, or 5 blocks spread out over several traps.

An automatic grief ban is a mandatory 7 days long.  Yours will expire on June 16th at 7:53PM CST.

Well, thanks for the quick response. I guess once the ban expires I'll just be more careful. Honestly I'm not on the server to grief anything. If you look at my house that's in construction there's chests with tons of stacks of items (mostly raw materials so I can start a shop). I'm here to play the game, not to mess things up, and I just don't want trouble is all, and to be honest I had no clue I was tripping a grief trap...

Just avoid stuff that either looks like a trick, like say a dimond block that says "Mine me!", or something that looks like someone owns it.  If you aren't sure, error on the side of caution and call a mod over to check it out for you.  It's way better than being banned.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:14 am »
Is there any way I'd be able to have the ban dropped since this is my first ban, and I didn't really cause true damage? I'd really love to be back in-game doing my own thing again if possible. Now that I know what's up with the auto-grief ban system, I know not to repeat the mistake. Plus I know if I grief a normal players house then that normal player will just have a mod or admin come over which leads to a ban. I know all of this from minecraft classic since I had builder rank on a server (I think it was the opticraft server or I am getting names confused) and builder ranks could look at the block history to help admins out.

Best griefer name ^

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:46:23 am »
Unfortunately automatic grief bans are a mandatory 7 days.  We can't shorten it.  It's not forever, and your stuff will still be there when it's over.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:49:08 am »
Alright. Idk what I'm gonna do for the next seven days though :(

Will I still get diamonds for voting each day while I'm banned?

Best griefer name ^

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »
Alright. Idk what I'm gonna do for the next seven days though :(

Will I still get diamonds for voting each day while I'm banned?

Indeed. Don't let that stop you